PDA

View Full Version : hello

nicola88
02-08-06, 00:47
Hello,
My name is Nicola and I am 18 years old and hoping to start university in September. I have been suffering form Panixc Attacks and Anxiety since April this year and as a result have become slightly agrophobic. I have been to psycotherapists who have put me on a drug called Mirtazapine which has definetly helped my panic attacks and I was on the mend, until earlier this week, when me and my boyfriend of 4 years decided to end our relationship due to the fact we are both going to different universities. Since this has happened the feeling of constant nausea has returned which leads to panic attacks. This evening I have had my worst panic attcks since going on Mirtazapine, so I thought i would try to speak to other sufferers in the hope of feeling better about things which hopefully,fingers crossed, will mean I can go to university in September and live away from home like any other normal student. If anyone has any advice or support I would love to hear it!

Nicola xx

Mateyface
02-08-06, 10:18
Hi Nicola

a big welcome. So sorry to hear about the breakup with your boyfriend, thats really tough enough without experiencing terrible panic attacks on top of it as well.

Wish I had been as brave as you to seek help back in my teens.

I think you are going to find lots of support and help on this site.

Take care
Hugs
x:)

Sans

Eclipse
02-08-06, 10:28
Hi Nicola,

Mateyface has summed it up perfectly!

Great site, great people & you'll make tons of friends who can support you :D

Best wishes

Mags
XX

trac67
02-08-06, 10:34
Hi Nicola,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

twiglet
02-08-06, 10:47
hi ya, nicola
this is defenetly a good site. you'll find alot of good advice and support.
good luck on university. hope everything works out for you.
take care,
love
twiglet xx :)

lainey
02-08-06, 10:47
Hi Nicola

Welcome to the forum, you have come to the right place chuck.
Sorry to hear about your break up with your boyfriend, we are all here to help and support.

Take care

Elaine x

manmoor
02-08-06, 11:36
Hi Nicola,

A big warm welcome to you.

Take Care

Mandy
xx

nomorepanic
02-08-06, 19:26
Hi Nicola

Welcome aboard from your namesake!

Lovely to see you here and hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

scoobygirl2005
02-08-06, 21:45
Hi.

Welcome to the forum. You will find lots of help and support here and make some new friends too! [^]

Scooby2005
x x

polly daydream
04-08-06, 20:34
Hi Nicola and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

sarah1984
10-08-06, 16:58
Hi Nicola,

I'm a 21 year old uni student, been suffering from anxiety since February and I wanted to say how sorry I am to hear you've been going through such a hard time recently. Please be reassured that anxiety/panic attacks are common among students, and there's no reason why you shouldn't be able to start uni in September. Most unis are brilliantly equipped to help students with such problems and have plenty of experience. Just wanted to advise you to register with the uni counselling services when you start, as it can really help having someone understanding to chat to and please let your personal tutor/supervisor know about your panics, as I promise they will do everything they can to support you. Hope this helps, wishing you best of luck, Sarah x