PDA

View Full Version : Moving for the first time-scary

Iced_diamond
19-09-12, 18:49
Hi all, I am in my twenties and have so far been living at home, which for me has worked out very well. I love my parents and they also enjoy having me around and have never insinuated that I need to start looking for my ownplace-I know some friends who have had this pressure...Anyway, I have been with my boyfriend for 6 years now, 5 of which he has actually been living with us. Although we haven't got all the space in the world at my parents house it has always been very comfy and there have never been any arguments. For some time my boyfriend and I have been thinking about moving and mortgaging a place. I was never too keen on the idea. It was kind of:well, nothing's broken, so why fix it? However in February I finally let my boyfriend talk me into.a new build flat and we agreed to buy it. At the time the moving in date of September sounded like a long time away, but now we are moving in in 2 weeks and I should be happy, but somehow I'm not...My boyfriend has picked up on this and wonders why I am not excited, but I am scared of a lot of things. The deposit and the furniture all took swallowed a lot of money and there's going to be a pretty hefty monthly mortgage. I have also just started a new job some months ago and don't feel totally comfortable just yet...I worry about money or having arguments with my boyfriend. I also feel sad leaving my parents, although we are not very far away. It may sound silly, but I will also miss my room and watching TV with my mum and all having dinner together. My parents are rather old (63 and 78) for the fact that I am still quite young (late starters :)) and I feel a bit like I shouldn't be leaving them, although they are in great shape and manage very well-I am actually very proud of them. :blush: Basically I don't want to take the plunge, although I should...Perhaps it would help me to hear if anyone else feels like this or has had this at some point too? Thanks all. :)