PDA

View Full Version : Craziest triggers?

Elle-Kay
19-09-12, 22:01
I would perhaps suggest that anyone feeling especially sensitive doesn't read any further on in this thread, but I'm feeling philosophical and able to laugh a little at myself tonight, and I got wondering: what are the craziest things to have triggered your panic/anxiety?

This is meant to be a lighthearted thread where we can say "You know what? Sometimes anxiety is just plain silly!", so please don't anyone feel offended/upset by the question. I'm sure we've all had our own crazy moments in these journeys of ours :)

I'll start, anyway...

I was just looking at the TV Guide for tonight, to check what channel a programme I usually watch at 10pm is on, and I realised to my shock and horror that it's not on!! It must have finished last week, but all of a sudden I felt very anxious and started thoughts like -- what were the TV schedulers thinking of, taking away my 10pm programme?! Do they want me to have a panic attack?! :doh::roflmao:

PanchoGoz
19-09-12, 22:18
So the anxiety became paranoia? It's surprising how the two are related even though one has significantly worse stigma...

Elle-Kay
19-09-12, 22:37
Less paranoia and more an extension of my need to be in control I think. I'm used to my Wednesday evening (while hubby is out) containing 2 x Who do you think you are from 8pm to 10pm on Yesterday then BBC1, and then History Cold Case at 10pm back on Yesterday. Tonight, not only are they not showing History Cold Case, but they've also moved the channel number for Yesterday so now I have to learn a new channel number! :roflmao:

teez
20-09-12, 00:43
i agree this illness does border on the daft at times ...i went into a full blown panic one day as i couldnt find my crochet hook,,the only thing i could think of was if i start to panic crocheting can calm me right down even fend an attack off if i catch it quick enough lol,,,sounds daft like waving a crochet hook at the big bad panic attack lol