PDA

View Full Version : Scary abdomen pains

glowworm
20-09-12, 09:14
I've been getting strange pains in the middle of my abdomen, just below my ribs. It's on and off and lasts a few minutes at a time (and not even every day), but I made the mistake of googling and found the symptoms of pancreatic cancer. One of them was a pain in the middle that bores right through to the back. That's what mine feels like sometimes! I'm terrified now! It also feels tender there some of the time. I have had my stomach checked recently and they found nothing, but surely there could easily be things they'd miss through that test. I don't know what to do!

Has anyone else had anything like this?

Annie0904
20-09-12, 09:21
These symptoms could be many things but I think you would be in a lot more constant pain if it was pancreatic cancer and you would have other symptoms. I had similar pains and it was my gall bladder, which I have now had removed. It could just be your anxiety that it is causing it. I think the best thing for you to do is go back to your doctor and tell him/her that it is concerning you and they may send you for an ultasound scan (unless you had this with your other tests for your stomach?) If you had a few tests before then I would say it is just anxiety causing the pain.