PDA

View Full Version : mary

mary naughton
20-09-12, 09:40
How do I deal with my own depression and anxiety problems when I've got a so called boyfriend who drinks too much wishes he was dead picks arguments over nothing and hasn't slept in the same room as me for months

nomorepanic
20-09-12, 09:51
Hi mary naughton

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Chrissy88
20-09-12, 10:01
Hi Mary, i'm sorry you're going through such a tough time. Have you ever discussed the possibility of going to relationship counselling with your bf? It could be really good for the two of you. You'll find plenty of people going through similar situations who are willing to help and support you here. :)

BobbyDog
20-09-12, 10:49
I think, unless he addresses the fact that he has problems and wants to seek help, it is going to be very difficult for you to move forward from where you are now.
The only person that can help him is himself and if he is not willing, there is not a lot you can do about that.
You need to take positive steps towards recovery, as Chrissy suggested, relationship counselling or CBT.
Is there a family member you can discuss this situation with, or perhaps your GP.