PDA

View Full Version : Weird hunger pains that won't go away

LuSmith
20-09-12, 15:34
Hi there.

I don't know if this is mainly because I'm shattered (got two hours sleep last night) but for some reason today I feel a l;ittle nauseous and am having some weird hunger type pangs like my stomach is empty, except even though I don't feel like I want to eat, I've eaten like usual and still they haven't gone! I do suffer from GERD, so is it possible its just playing up?

The thing is I'm slightly worried because I think I accidently took 200mg of Sertraline without thinking last night when my normal dose is 100mg. I know 200mg is the max dose, so its not technically an overdose. Would this cause any weird symptoms? I feel really low on energy too.

PanchoGoz
20-09-12, 16:17
I get those pangs a lot, they aren't from your stomach being empty; the feeling is actually caused by the acid. When your stomach is empty there is more acid being made in readiness for food so that causes the pangs. In the same way, anxiety makes your stomach produce a lot of acid to try to get your food to the other end as quickly as possible so you are lighter on your feet and ready for escape.

NoPoet
28-09-12, 20:23
Medication for anxiety seems to cause acid reflux and indigestion, although anxiety itself also causes these things. I get extremely bad reflux if I don't eat regularly. It's far worse on mirtazapine and, previously, citalopram, than it ever was before I took meds. Some medications like mirtzapine can cause hunger pangs. If you weren't eating properly due to anxiety, and the medication has restored your appetite, it seems logical (captain) that your body will go into a frenzy of hunger, replenishing lost energy by eating lots more than usual.

PinkRoxy
29-09-12, 10:29
Hi there.

I don't know if this is mainly because I'm shattered (got two hours sleep last night) but for some reason today I feel a l;ittle nauseous and am having some weird hunger type pangs like my stomach is empty, except even though I don't feel like I want to eat, I've eaten like usual and still they haven't gone! I do suffer from GERD, so is it possible its just playing up?

The thing is I'm slightly worried because I think I accidently took 200mg of Sertraline without thinking last night when my normal dose is 100mg. I know 200mg is the max dose, so its not technically an overdose. Would this cause any weird symptoms? I feel really low on energy too.

I think I get that sometimes. DOes your tummy feel hot like it has lava in it and its all hot in the upper tummy too and when you lie down its like you feel like you could vomit?

Im not sure what it is but I get that too aye.