PDA

View Full Version : Visual Snow worries

OliviaD
21-09-12, 20:35
I'm copying this from another thread (which is actually a positive one, sigh):

Yesterday was great. And I mean great, an almost normal day.
But today... started ok as well, but in the late afternoon I got so anxious and couldn't ignore my visual snow. Is it getting more intense because I'm nervous or I'm nervous because it's more intense?! The usual conundrum. When my bf came home I had such a crisis, but at least I told him about visual snow for the first time. I never tell anyone because usually it's not a problem... And I didn't tell my mother because she has worries enough (including my other eye problems). Now I'm relaxing a bit. Anyway, my bf agrees that going to a neurophtalmologist would be good... I never did since, as I just said, I've had it forever and never was a problem. I'm sure it's just anxiety, but these days rationalizing could be so hard. :(

Any wise and kind words? A hug?
Thx people...

-- By the way, by "more intense" I mean that it's thicker and also got a brighter pattern in the center. As usual with vs, it's visible in dim lights or on white. I've already had it in the past, so I shouldn't make a drama of it. I don't know why I react like that - well, of course I know, months of stress and anxiety and I'm hypersensitive. I can ignore it for a day and a half and then I can't anymore.

---------- Post added at 21:35 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

Sorry if this is almost a duplicate of a previous thread I wrote ;)
You know (unfortunately) how anxiety works... same worries coming and going.

loonerj
22-09-12, 01:31
Hi OliviaD,

I have persistent visual snow, I see it on everything and everywhere!! I have been to the eye hospital, opticians and drs. professionals cannot say what causes it but know its not serious! people with just have to cope with it. the dr did tell me to go on a website called eye foundation, it has information on vs.

She also said that if it was serious then the professionals would know more about it.

I know its hard not to focus on it and to not think about it and its hard to explain to people you know what you are seeing, and makes it worse when they say they cant see it.

I have had mine since I was in my teens and I am now 34 and its not gone away, I do notice however that when I am really anxious, tired it is worse!!

I hope this helps you and your not alone, hug sent your way xx

OliviaD
22-09-12, 09:07
Thanks, loonerj, your reply is much appreciated. :)

I've had it since I was a teen either and now I'm 37.
What scares me is the pattern in the middle of it (which is very hard to ignore it in the dim light or dark), do you have it/have had it? It makes me wonder if there's something else wrong. Although my eyes were checked two months ago.
I haven't slept much and now of course I can see VS more, and floaters too. It could be worse though.

loonerj
22-09-12, 09:17
mine is like that too in the dim light or dark. I keep telling myself I have had vs this long and nothing has happened to me, Although sometimes I can't see past that logic and drive myself mad with focusing on the vs, patterns and floaters.

Sometimes I don't take any notice of it as I am focused on something else, it definitley worse the more you focus and worry about it.

hope your ok.

OliviaD
22-09-12, 09:22
I'm definitely trying to focus on other things. But sometimes the thought is so strong.

Have a nice day. :)

OliviaD
22-09-12, 19:06
Today it was much better, despite my crappy vision after waking up :)

OliviaD
26-09-12, 19:56
I'm better. At the beginning it was very hard not focusing on my vision all the time, but now I mostly take vs for granted. Not giving it attention can really change things even in a short time! Besides I'm trying to work, distract myself and eat right, so that I keep my anxiety at bay. I feel stronger than I was at the beginning of the month.
Last night I noticed it had decreased without apparent reason! This morning I had a bad start (bad dreams etc) but then it went ok.