PDA

View Full Version : Slight confusion-Anyone get this

loopylu86
21-09-12, 21:20
So I am relaxing in my bed with a dvd on the laptop and I forgot that my housemate had her new make friend over. He just walked across the landing and the unfamiliar voice for a split second triggered a panic feeling....not an actually attack but the threat feeling. It as so horrible. It took me about 7 seconds to remember that he was here. In those 7 seconds I was just really confused!!

Anyone understand this?

Annie0904
21-09-12, 21:27
I think that is a natural reaction to an unfamiliar voice. When my husband is away any unfamiliar noise in or even out of the house sends my anxiety levels up for a while until I realise what it is :unsure:

LucyLiz
21-09-12, 21:29
just heightened awareness/senses. Hypervigilant I believe is the correct term! Little things startle me like this all the time and have a second or two of "what's going on?, who am I?", it's just the big A.

loopylu86
21-09-12, 21:42
Thamks girls! It luckily didn't trigger an attack and was momentary but so weird. Almost like when you are asleep and get woken by the phone or door knocking and it cuts into your dream and you are there thinking "what the..." lol
The boy in question is a lovely guy too...I almost felt bad lol