PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram help

JosephHitch
22-09-12, 01:05
I'm taking Citalopram 30mg.I recently read online that you should not exercise straight after taking the tablet as if you do so your body will burn in off as energy and thus the medication will not be effective. As I have an anxiety disorder, reading something like this can be very distressing to me. I'm aware there is alot of wrong information online. So I just want to know if there is any truth behind this claim. Or can I take my dose and jump straight on the treadmill with no worries?.
Thanks Joe

nomorepanic
22-09-12, 01:07
I have never ever heard this before lol where did you read it?

JosephHitch
22-09-12, 01:11
I'm unable to find the website now ( Which is stresses me further lol ) No pharmacist seems to be able to answer, it's annoying as I have to engage in exercise to get to work after taking it so it's been playing on my mind x

nomorepanic
22-09-12, 01:14
Well I think ignore it as like I said I have never ever heard this before and I have been running this website for 10 years

JosephHitch
22-09-12, 01:19
It has verisimilitude though so I struggle to ignore things. Part of my problem I guess. Thanks anyway x

nomorepanic
22-09-12, 01:28
what on earth is verisimilitude

JosephHitch
22-09-12, 01:37
Lol verisimilitude means the appearance of being real or true

nomorepanic
22-09-12, 01:43
Ok well I have never heard of it or a problem exercising after taking Cit so I think you will be ok - unless your doctor advises otherwise

JosephHitch
22-09-12, 17:24
Ok thanks for your help x