PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help. Really scared.

chl_hobbs
22-09-12, 13:19
Hi all,
Ive been suffering with soreness and pressure at the bridge of my nose and across the front of my head since the start of August when the nurse at hospital attempted to insert an NG tube up my nose into my stomach for an acidity test. She couldnt do it easily, and was ramming and shoving it up there but it was so painful that I asked her to stop and didnt have the test.

Since then Ive had gradually worse sinus area pain. Ive been to my GP around 5 times regarding this, and they just dont take me seriously. Ive been given steroid sprays, antihistamines, decongestants, and antibitotics (doxycycline) for it. AM currently again taking doxycycline and a steriod spray but it only seems to be taking the edge of it at the moment.

The thing that's really scaring me is, I was out with my little girl shopping, when I felt a nagging pain whenever i only slightly moved my jaw in the top left side of my head - just above the temple. It's gotten worse and now is just hurting all the time, not like a typical headache, like a pressure, or a bruise that's irritated. I then went and nearly had a panic attack, and i have to be honest Im not far off one right now. My nose is sore but not blocked, there's a small lump on my right eyebrow and Im convincing myself I am getting either a blood infection or meningitus from the sinus problems. I dont even know if I have a sinus infection, as I dont cough or sneeze any yellow / green discharge, but I have had this for WEEKS and Im so scared now. Im shaking with panic. I feel dizzy but I dont know if thats the anxiety or if something's happening to me.

I was in intensive care this time last year and have had a hell of a horrible year, I just want things to STOP happening. How likely does this sound like something more sinister? My temp is 37.0 and BP is around 107/70.

Please, any thoughts, Im so so panicky.

Charlotte xx

paranoidtree
22-09-12, 14:25
Hi Charlotte, i'm really sorry you aren't feeling very well at all. Perhaps it could be worth calling NHS Direct for advice? Or even take a trip to A+E if you are really worried? It could be that speaking to someone other than your normal GP might help re-assure you? The dizziness could just be the anxiety (i sometimes get this when i'm really anxious) but again if you are concerned i would speak to someone like NHS Direct.

I would have thought if it was a serious infection your temperature would be higher however i'm not a doctor so can't be certain.

Hope you get some re-assurance/answers soon.

:bighug1:

chl_hobbs
22-09-12, 15:04
Thankyou X Im hesitant to go to a+e and whenever I ring nhs direct (which i have done frequently in the past) they have sent me to a+e! The last time I was in , the dr looked at my notes and said "this is the 10th time youve been here this year" as if to judge me (I DID almost die last year and I was in ITU for a week so thought he might have understood a little bit!). My ears really feel pressured at the mo and am still a bit all over the place but my temp is still normal and I know that I need to normalise what Im thinking a bit. I always think though, that the 3% chance that it'll happen to me as a result of having these sinus problems/infections is almost certain! So depressed and so angry that things keep coming at me :(

Love your blog by the way - so similar to my life xxx

MRS STRESS ED
22-09-12, 15:18
I understand you not wanting to go to a&e ,Ive been like you really scared ,this will make you panic more which will make you feel worse ,just try and relax and focus on something else It helps me if your not feeling any better then maybe you should get some medical advice hope this helps :hugs:

paranoidtree
22-09-12, 21:30
I know what you mean about things keep coming at you, i feel like for every step i take forward i am taking two or three backwards. I hope you are feeling a bit better but would suggest that if tomorrow/monday you still feel unwell/same symptoms to see a doctor/NHS direct/A+E but in the meantime take Mrs Stressed's advice and try to relax and focus on something else

:hugs: