PDA

View Full Version : Could anxiety mimic a UTI?

little.miss.worry
22-09-12, 19:55
This might seem like a stupid question but im being serious...it all started 3 weeks ago I have had 3 water samples all of which have came back negative! I went the hospital aswell..they had no idea what it could be...also it comes and goes...like after I came back from the hospital and a couple of days after it completely went and then came back! Also my doctor checked down below and couldn't see nothing...basically it hurt when I went for a wee but now that has gone off and now just like the inside of my vagina hurts where wee comes out of like there is something their when there isn't. Before all this started though I had conversation about a UTI..so maybe that's what triggered it? i dunno...im sooo worried about it also my doc gave me a weeks worth of antibiotics to try and clear whatever it is up...but im really really worried about it :weep: any help?

James23
22-09-12, 23:52
Hope you dont mind a guy posting on here but my ex fiance used to get re-current uti's and she was never off the toilet always feeling the urge to wee even though there was nothing there, and she was in a lot of pain like period pain she described it, constantly though and said it never got better. As a fellow anxiety suffer i would say anxiety can make you feel very unwell and mimic all sorts of things inside your body and cause lots of stress, i used to check myself for lumps in my testicles all the time and was even conviced they were hurting its always worth being checked out though, maybe you have just irritated your inside bits a little sometimes the stuff you clean yourself with can upset the good bacteria, so sometimes going overboard on that will make it sore and feel like a uti, also intercourse aswell but im sure you know all this, im just trying to reiterate these to chill you out a bit and hopefully calm you down, dont worry too much hun, trust the docs.

James

Daisybun
24-09-12, 19:38
have had UTI symptoms for just over two weeks had it before a few years ago - now panic and anxiety starting again - probably related but bladder gone into spasm - not a happy bunny but it passed last time and will again - just tough at the moment - hang in there xx

little.miss.worry
24-09-12, 19:44
Thanks James and Daisybun for replying! :)
@James thankyou for calming me down abit :) your post really helped me
@Daisybun it is hard...don't worry aswell :) and thankyou xx

PinkRoxy
28-09-12, 09:30
I was like that last year a little. Even though the pain wasnt really bad I had strong frequent urges and irritation. my samples never showed any infections either. My GP put it down to an irritable/overactive bladder and I had this medication called oxybutynin which calmed it down. My bladder is feeling alot better but now everytime I have pain and irritation it always seems to show up with infection and have been on antibiotics once or twice a month this year and am so over them :(

I understand how you are feeling and it is a realy pain I hope you can get it sorted or maybe even ask your doctor about the medication oxybutynin.