PDA

View Full Version : Try this for anxiety + depression

jenniss09
23-09-12, 08:19
I have had anxiety and depression and I was at the stage where I didnt want to go out because of the fear of the dreaded panic attack.

I have started reading a self help book called "feel the fear and do it anyway" this book has changed my life and I feel so much better.

I was surprised how much our subconsious mind affects us.

My number one tip since reading this book is if you are like me and you go to bed and think oh what if.... and wake up thinking to yourself what if i .....

before you go to sleep tell yourself "I am going to have a really good day tomorrow I am going to be well and happy" or whatever phrase will work for you.

repeat in the morning and throughout the day if you need to.

let me know if it helps x

Jenni

You can all beat this x

Supersal1984
23-09-12, 08:30
Thank you. It is worth a try xxxxx

loopylu86
23-09-12, 09:17
I definitely believe in the power off positive thinking. It's negative thoughts tha got is into this mess so it makes perfect sense that trying and even forcing these positive thoughts will do the opposite! Thanks for this. You have reminded me to be positive today! I woke up today down in the dumps after a really dodgy night.Just sat feelimg crappy. So THANK YOU!!!!!I am changing my approach as I type! lol xx

Annie0904
23-09-12, 09:43
I read that book a few years ago and I would also recommend it, it helped me to see how I was thinking and how I should be thinking :)

paranoidtree
23-09-12, 10:35
i've read that book too and subscribed to susan jeffers mailing list too (which provides an inspirational read). it helped me to get on a plane for the first time ever.

Perhaps i need to dig it out of the pile of 'self-help' books and have another read...

Thanks for the reminder! :)

BobbyDog
23-09-12, 10:55
I read this book about 10 years ago and it was really enlightening and helpful.

starlight78
23-09-12, 16:07
I love Susan Jeffers books!

I read her book "embracing uncertainty" a few years back and it was fantastic! X

pinkdove
23-09-12, 16:31
just ordered it online, looking forward to reading it thanks xxx