PDA

View Full Version : Derealisation again!

Jenwales
23-09-12, 08:55
I had no sleep or hardly any. I had a nightmare and my heart was racing woke up and took the beta blocker my doctor prescribed striahgt away. However I had that feeling I'm not real, not there. As bad as before. I could'nt evne focus on my breathing it was so bad. When it's like that I can't do anything at all. I think I may have been dropping off to sleep too which made it worse.
It is so scary I hate it.
So I'm extremely tried now and have to go to work. Not happy at all
my biggest fear is that it will happen in work

my anxiety doesn't get better it just changes, the symptoms change and get worse so I never know whats going on
i've read books but none help, the doctor didn't help last time he was more concerned about my blood pressure
i'm so worried and misearable and afraid
and only you lot on here can understand what I'm feeling

thanks for reading this, I welcome any advice etc

loopylu86
23-09-12, 09:06
Dp and DR are my main concerns. It is so difficult to explain to others the feeling. I had a really good day yesterday and took full advantage of being more "with it" I visited family and had a CBT session etc yet when it came to home time...I felt anxious ALL evening. I couldn't sleep and was tossing and turning and just not right. I have woken this morning and just know that today is going to be one of those days. It takes so much strengh to live with this. The DP is horrendous and for me personally makes me anxious. I am off work myself at the moment so the fact that you are still in work is amazing. I know you know all the usual tips like distraction etc but I find this pretty much impossible during. I either sleep it off or simply endure it.So this post is basically just to make you aware that there are plenty more of us and you aren't alone. These difficult times won't be forever! I have been through a severe DP phase 4 years ago and came out completely "normal" I never thought about it again. It's only back now after a very stressful year! We will come through this!!

Lissa101
23-09-12, 11:18
Hi Jen, as LoopyLu says there are lots of us here that get this and it does pass. Mine isn't as bad as it was 3 mths ago but I still get bad days. Yesterday, for instance, DP/DR was back really bad to the point where I had to cancel seeing friends because I felt so out of it. Today I feel better. It's a rollercoaster but as long as the overall trend is improvement then you just have to do all the right things and wait it out x

Laura123
23-09-12, 18:01
Xxxx I understand completely, it's hellish, I wish I knew the answer too xxx

Jenwales
24-09-12, 10:01
if so many have it why can't we find a solution. I only get the huge debilitataing one now and again but feel 'out of it' afterwards.
I really feel like crying about it and stuf. Just feel very tried today.

Jenwales
04-10-12, 09:36
And then I get better and it starts all over again. Any advice appreciated to feel normal again and stop it coming back :(