PDA

View Full Version : Herbalist / herbal remedies

Elle-Kay
23-09-12, 16:10
Just wondering if anyone has seen a herbalist and/or tried using herbal remedies for their anxiety? I use Rescue Remedy already, and have taken natural sleep remedies before, but my Mum recently saw a herbalist for weight loss and menopausal symptoms and it was really successful for her, so I have been wondering about giving it a try too.

gem7
23-09-12, 16:15
i have tryed herbel remedies i take lemon balms and they do not work the woman in the shop said they helped her but it hasnt helped my anxiety i tryed a few other ones too still no joy but if u willing to try and u think it might help u go for it u never no it could work for u x

ricardo
31-10-12, 09:51
Just wondering if anyone has seen a herbalist and/or tried using herbal remedies for their anxiety? I use Rescue Remedy already, and have taken natural sleep remedies before, but my Mum recently saw a herbalist for weight loss and menopausal symptoms and it was really successful for her, so I have been wondering about giving it a try too.

I have thought about herbal remedies such as Bach flowers, but can they be mixed with anti depressants and proponal ? I have been told yes and no.

Annie0904
31-10-12, 09:53
I have thought about herbal remedies such as Bach flowers, but can they be mixed with anti depressants and proponal ? I have been told yes and no.

Bach rescue remedy can be used with other medication. I use it all the time.

Brovy
04-11-12, 07:22
Herbal remedies are always good for us because we can use these remedies wotjout any fear. There is no any harmful effect on our health with using these remedies so i totally trust on such herbal remedies.

paulst
04-11-12, 17:21
Herbal remedies can be very useful, but its always best to check with the doctor if you take any prescription meds.

Elle-Kay
04-11-12, 19:44
Herbal remedies can be very useful, but its always best to check with the doctor if you take any prescription meds.

I agree, but if you consult a fully qualified medical herbalist (registered with the NIMH) then they too are trained in drug-herb interactions. I was asked what prescription drugs (if any) I was taking during my consultation, before a prescription was calculated for me.