PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Ohio

tijica
02-08-06, 23:27
Hi everyone!
My name is Tijana; I'm a 21 year old college student. Originally I'm from Europe but I live in the US now. I'm so glad I found this site because I was starting to go nuts over the constant nausea and lightheadedness (is that a word? ;) ), I had no idea all of this could be caused by anxiety! Sometimes I think that it must be something else I'm suffering from, and fear that I'm going to die. It sounds silly and ridiculous when I tell my friends, so I am glad to know there are other people who actually understand!

Greetings to all of you!

-T.

tnt808
02-08-06, 23:55
Welcome to the site.

You will find great comfort here. Enjoy!

Tina

nicjay
03-08-06, 00:27
Hi tijica

Welcome to the forum, you'll find a lot of help on here.

Nicola
xxx

Eclipse
03-08-06, 01:05
Welcome to the forum.:D
(and you don't have to worry about anything sounding silly or ridiculous in front of anyone here)

Best wishes

Magz
XX

canstop
03-08-06, 05:49
Hi,

This forum had helped me tremendously, welcome

xx

Clare_63
03-08-06, 12:11
Hi Tijana

In the short time I have been a member I have found so much info and lots of help.

Welcome

Clare

trac67
03-08-06, 12:45
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

den64
03-08-06, 16:44
Hi Tijica

Welcome to the site :D
best wishes
Denise[8D]:D

twiglet
03-08-06, 17:35
Hi Tijana,
this site is brilliant, its helped me alot. and im sure you'll find lots of good support and advice here.
take care
love,
twiglet

nomorepanic
03-08-06, 18:14
Hi Tijana

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

Nicola

juju
03-08-06, 18:52
welcome
we are all here for each other
take care

kate
04-08-06, 07:59
Hi Tijana.

Welcome to the forum :D

Kate

"Everybody's changing and I don't feel the same"

polly daydream
04-08-06, 20:37
Hi Tijica and welcome to the forum.

Best wishes,

Polly

fairygirl
04-08-06, 21:49
Hi Tijica
I know what you mean, dizziness and lightheaded feelings are a major feature of my anxiety. I have learned to ignore it most of the time as experience has showed me that even when I am sure I am going to fall over or faint I don't!!
Anxiety/panic gets us all in slightly different ways but it can be beaten and this site is a great way to talk to others who suffer in a similar way without feeling you are nuts!!
Take care
Wendy x

tijica
06-08-06, 17:34
Thank you all very much for your replies! I have already found a lot of information on this site. It is somewhat of a relief to know that I'm not really ill or "crazy" ;)

Best wishes to all!

Wendy, do you get these feelings in certain situations, say, when you're under pressure or stress--or just out of the blue? I'm asking because I get them when I least expect it, usually when I'm calm and not particularly stressed out. It is confusing and unpredictable. :-/