PDA

View Full Version : Convinced I was having a stroke!

JoannaS
23-09-12, 16:30
I know there have already been loads of stroke-related posts on here bit I just wanted to share my experience earlier today and see if anyone else has had these symptoms. For the last couple of weeks I've kept getting this weird sensation in my head, feels fuzzy/full, the same kind of feeling you get when you see something that makes you feel quesy, like blood etc, and you feel your head go funny. Anyway, that had passed for a week and came back today. Just an hour or so ago, I got up from the sofa to do the washing up and I came over all dizzy and felt like the right side of my body was all numb. Obviously, this freaked me out and I started shaking, racing heart etc and felt sick. I Googled stroke symptoms (I know this is a bad idea was I was convinced I was having one) and funnily enough, I seemed to have all the symptoms. I nearly got my husband to drive me to A&E, which I've never done before, as I was that scared.

I feel better now, the numbness seems to have subsided and I now have loads of scratch marks where I was comparing the sensitivity in both sides of my body :blush: I did think afterwards that maybe the numbness was caused from laying on the sofa rather uncomfortably for 2 hours watching a film!! Funny how you only think of the logical reasons after the symptoms have settled down.

So, that's my Sunday afternoon. Not the best!

nadiepoo
23-09-12, 17:05
hi i thought this last night to day i have been over obsesed with cheecking my pulse and the pains i was getting lasnight are still there a wee bit today anxiety high cant get off the train ride i dont want to be on so scared but i suppose if anything was going to happen it would have by now :mad: so mad about letting these panic attacks rule my life

Laura123
23-09-12, 19:08
I had something similar last Xmas, I was watching tv and just went numb down my whole left side, ended up in hospital getting checked for Tia, had MRI scan bloods ECG, eventually they said I suffered complicated migranes. The numbness lasted 3 weeks. Xx

loopylu86
23-09-12, 19:17
hi i thought this last night to day i have been over obsesed with cheecking my pulse and the pains i was getting lasnight are still there a wee bit today anxiety high cant get off the train ride i dont want to be on so scared but i suppose if anything was going to happen it would have by now :mad: so mad about letting these panic attacks rule my life

I always think like this. If I feel ok I feel weird about feeling normal and becasue I forget what normal feels like being so anxious all the time. Normality feels weird now and I get anxious all over again!! Grrr

Gotagetthroughthis
23-09-12, 21:06
Hi Joanna, i have had very similar symptoms such as the fuzzy dizzy head. I will be going about my normal day feeling ok and then i get this fuzzy sort of attacks that i feel in my head, its a strange sensation, the only way i can describe it is like if you imagine the static in your tv; that is filling your head and you can not think straight or do anything as everything is so fuzzy, you become more dizzy and it is a very scary experience.

I have also had numbness in different parts of the body but for me the numbness does not last very long.

JoannaS
24-09-12, 16:08
Thanks for the replies, peeps. I felt better today, which is suprising, considering I'm at work and that is not one of my "safe places". Yesterday really was a rotten day, I'm hoping I'm over the worst of it. I was going to go to my pilates class tonight but I don't think I'm quite ready for that. It's annoying as I don't like my symptoms to get in the way of me doing things that I like, but I know if I go I'll only feel worse so it's just not worth it. Maybe next week....