PDA

View Full Version : Hit my head!

lorenza
23-09-12, 17:17
Hi guys! I just wanted to quickly check something with you guys-I've managed to convince myself about 80% that I'm totally overreacting here and trying to put the anxiety aside but I think it would help if you guys just let me know whether you agreed with my thought processes or not.

So-last night I was out with my friends and I had a fair amount to drink-I was tipsy but definitely off my face, I wasn't slurring my words, I remember everything and I was in total control of what I was doing. However walking along a dark road I got distracted by conversation and walked smack bang into a lamppost, hitting my head just at the end of my eyebrow on the left side. It hurt quite a bit momentarily but within 30 seconds I had no pain remaining, I didn't feel dizzy or anything.

This morning I have a slight tenderness if I prod my eyebrow but otherwise nothing-but I just keep having a slight 'Natasha Richardson hit her head and then died' moment.

I've been trying to tell myself that I wasn't walking fast enough to hit my head that hard, and that I couldn't have even been concussed because I remember it very clearly and didn't feel nauseous (more than from having a slight hangover) or confused. However it would help if you could just let me know if you agree that I probably did barely any damage or if you think I should worry.

Thanks guys!

clank
23-09-12, 19:01
If you had a concussion, you would of had a major head ache right after you hit your head. Last year during soccer season some one headed me in my head as hard as they can and for sure I thought I had a concussion. My anxiety got the best of me which gave me all the symptoms that were like a concussion such as vomiting. You should be perfectly fine! Just don't let your anxiety get the best of you!

Anxious_gal
23-09-12, 19:12
swelling is a good thing! I remember reading before that heads can swell quite a bit after you bump them.
I hit mine off the press corner and had a huge bump after and I was convinced something bad would happen but I was ok.
As far as I know vomiting is a bad sign but from what you said you seem ok and it was only a lamp post so you could only have hit it so hard :)
I've walked into plenty of lampposts my self.