PDA

View Full Version : Just me again! Same fear of breast cancer

lisak789
23-09-12, 17:20
I wont even repete my story as i am sure every one on here knows my issues. I thought I was so much better, I am off all my meds now, I am going for sergery on the 5th of October to re open my tubes so that I can try again for a baby. But I cant for the life of me get rid of the breast ache. It has been 8 months now since I lost my baby and that is when the breast pain started, and no matter what I try I cant get rid of it. Its only the right breast and it goes from the breast to the shoulder to the arm. Now when I google it says that that is a sign that breast cancer is advancing. I have had all the tests, the mamogram, two ultrasounds, blood work, ct scan, x rays and a needle biopsy that they took tissue out the breast to be tested not that there was a lump. Everything has come back good, and I am ok with that but I need to find out why its hurting. Does this sound like cancer? worry about pagets or concenoma ( dont mind my spelling) I just cant seem to accept that there is nothing wrong when I feel the pain, but I dont know what else to ask for. The doctor says that he will not send me for a MRI because he feels that after all the tests I have had that I do not need one. But when I went on the breast cancer site they said that some of there cancer was not found through mamograms, and ultrasounds that it was just found with an MRI. I am so confused. I just want the pain gone.

Annie0904
23-09-12, 18:23
The tests that you have had done would have shown if it was breast cancer so I don't think you have anything to worry about there. The pain could be muscular pain which can take a while to go. :hugs:

Munchlet
23-09-12, 19:20
Hi

Just had to post because I really feel for you, I too have a fear of BC and it really can be overwhelming at times.

I was recently told by my therapist who I've been seeing regarding HA that sometimes we just have to accept what doctors tell us, which is what most people do. Unfortunately when you have HA you tend to question everyone and everything and we always think that if there's a 100,000 -1 chance of getting something, we will be the one.

You've (Y@ou've) had lots of test and if for one minute they thought you had BC they wouldn't be saying you don't need further tests. They are saying this because they are confident there is nothing wrong.

Besides if you had the MRI would it really put your mind at rest?, if you are anything like me it would for a short period of time, but then I'd start questioning the results again.

I'm very similar to you when it comes to cervical cancer, because I've had a couple of abnormal smears and I made the mistake of reading forums where women were saying their cervical cancer was not detected through regular smears and it was advanced when it was discovered because of this etc

It scares the life out of me, but I think we need to try and remember these people are a minority and the people who's illnesses were detected through regular screenig don't tend to post.

Try not to worry you are fine. :hugs: