PDA

View Full Version : hospital appointment at ent tomorrow :(

sazlebazle
23-09-12, 18:20
hi all i have an appointment at the ent department tomorrow to do with dizzyness and im really anxious about what it might involve ive been ill all week with a head cold/virus and have been even more dizzzy than normal :( im worried im working myself up for no reason ive been doing really well as well
thanks for reading x

spawn
23-09-12, 18:27
Hi
Ive been lightheaded/dizzy for months, and i to went to a ENT for advice.
You have nothing to worry about, they just do simple tests, mainly to check for your balance etc, they may look into your ears aswell. I also had a CT scan to check for fluid in my head/inner ear etc, but all came back clear. The ENT said that my lightheadyness is being caused by stress/anxiety.

Hope this helps.
Gav.

Laura123
23-09-12, 18:48
Hi, so interested to hear how you get on, I am waiting for my ent appointment to come through, been dizzy ever day for 4 months, and I am the same, a cold makes it much worse. Good luck, this is a great thing, it's the help and answers you need xx

Anxious_gal
23-09-12, 19:15
I've an ENT appointment coming up soon too! I hope they do a CAT/CT/? scan!!!!
Been having ear pain, dizziness, throat pain and pressure for ages now, I honestly can't stand it and it's REALLY affecting everything in my life.
I fear they may want to put a camera down my nose but I don't think I will let them.. I know what I am like lol

sazlebazle
23-09-12, 19:22
thats what im dreading the camera up the nose and down the throat but i know i wont let them especially as im still getting over a cold so my nose etc is so sore :( they havent said anything to me about scans etc im thinking its just the whole laying on a bed moving my head around etc which i had done aboout 4 years ago but i think they are starting from the begining and starting again ..... thankfully m oppintment is at 9oclock so wont have much time to dwell on it as ill be doing school run beforehand x

Anxious_gal
23-09-12, 20:17
My nose is sore too, the insides are swollen I think they are called polyps :)
I know too what I am like, It might not be so bad, I'd be tempted to give it a go but I think when it comes down to it I would rather not have it done. In that way I feel I'd be letting myself down!

But I figure a CT scan would show most things up! Except for maybe that acid stuff that you can get in your throat I think it's called reflux or GERD.

My appointment is early on in the morning too, Trying to figure out a way of explaining my symptoms, so the doctor will actually understand.
For me it's blocked ears, pain and random dizziness then the weird throat tightness, pain and lots of swollen lymph nodes.

I hope it well for you :) Let us know what happens Xx

Laura123
23-09-12, 20:43
Good luck all of you going to ent, please let me know how you get on, just remember, whatever they do, it's hopefully going to get rid of the dizziness so it's got to be worth a short spell of discomfort, you can do it. Xxxx

---------- Post added at 20:43 ---------- Previous post was at 20:41 ----------

Also an interesting thing I read, apparently inner ear controls your anxiety sensors to your brain and inner ear disorders and anxiety go hand in hand, we fix the ears, we fix the anxiety and dizziness, there's what I am holding on to anyway lol. X

Laura123
24-09-12, 18:03
How did you both get on today? Xx

sazlebazle
24-09-12, 19:23
mine was fine had lots of tests done couldnt find anything wrong they think its all down to anxiety and stress so who knows ....... x

Laura123
25-09-12, 14:45
So did they give you anything to help, is that it? Xx

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:43 ----------

I phoned a private hospital tiday to find out the cost of going private for ent it's £180-£350 just to see a Doc!!!! Was told there is a 12 week wait on Nhs so by the time I will be seen I will have been dizzy for 6 months, it's a bloody joke! X