PDA

View Full Version : Mild headache question needs response

violet33
23-09-12, 18:31
I've posted here before about MILD headaches I've had since July 2011 which is now fourteen and a half months. Dr says it is most likely tension & sinus. I'm going to list my symptoms & would like to know if anyone here has ever had anything similar or heard of similar case. The headache moves from spot to spot. Does NOT stay in same spot. Different spots at different times. What i feel also varies from twinning to pinching to pang to MILD THROB to even VERY SLIGHT raw burning feeling at times. WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS IF ANYONE CAN RELATE AT ALL TO WHAT IM DESCRIBING. Please respond as soon as possible. Thank You !

paranoidtree
23-09-12, 21:35
i've had something similar and mine was due to tension. i hold a lot of tension in my neck and jaw but was getting headaches (like you some were twinges more than pains). i saw an osteopath who massaged different bits of me and also did some cranial osteopathy and it really helped. i see her every couple of weeks if tension is too much otherwise i normally check in every few months. Perhaps ask if your doctor could refer you to an osteopath to see if that might help?

violet33
23-09-12, 22:34
Hi paranoid tree. & thank you very much for your response!

Anxious_gal
23-09-12, 22:40
I get headaches every day :( I think TMJ, the fact I get migraines and sinus problems are the reason.
A polyp or cyst showed up in my dental x ray in my sinus area around my cheak n I've heard that they can cause headaches too.

Also being low on a vitamin, dehydration, hormones, anxiety, muscle tension can all cause headaches.
Using painkillers a lot can actually induce headaches.
I occasionally take one solphodeine tablet, paracetamol n codeine at night if my headaches keeping me awake. I find them really good.
I have prescription pain meds but find them too strong as they make me sleepy n slow.

SLjimbo
23-09-12, 23:04
I do agree that these mild headaches are sinus and allergy related. What I've learned is when you're dealing with anxiety, your mind tends to focus on every single feeling that comes out of the blue and produces anxiety.

A very good explanation on why headaches can come and go and switch from spot to spot is when you're up and about outside. Does your headaches/migraines come out of the blue when you go somewhere? Either way, I'd write it off as harmless and some soothing tea (make sure it's decaffeinated thought!) and a heating pad can remedy this.

violet33
24-09-12, 17:47
Hi SLjimbo, it happens whether I'm out or not but intermittently & random. ,& yes I have HORRIBLE anxiety. Thank you for your post !