PDA

View Full Version : Fear of attack, slurred speech

Anxious lu
23-09-12, 22:44
A few months ago I had what doctors said was a
Severe panic attack. During this attack I had extremely slow and slurred speech so much so that I thought I was having a stroke but couldn't talk to anybody.

Sinse then I have forgotten all about it and have been suffering massively from health anxiety. I thought I was over coming this after have various tests including an MRI but today I have been overwhelmed with fear and memories of my first 'attack' how scary it was I now am petrified of that happening again and after months of acceptance am questioning if it was a panic attack..

Has anybody else experienced this as I haven't seen it often.

SLjimbo
23-09-12, 23:00
Yeah, it can happen from time to time whenever you feel anxious or panicky. I would feel confused and stumble upon my words whenever I was feeling moderate anxiety.

But alas, it's harmless! :)

My best recommendation is that if you feel like a panic attack is coming on, don't worry about it. I would check out the "Panic Attacks" section of this website to get more information about it and especially the "Coping" section.

Jules147
24-09-12, 02:25
I had the slurred speech PA once or twice towards the end of 2010. They scared the hell out of me.