PDA

View Full Version : 20 to 40mg how long does the side effects last?

June83
24-09-12, 07:34
I am back in a cit hell at the moment. My drugs hadn't been working for me and my depression/anxiety was returning to how it was before I started. So on Thursday I was told to double my dose to 40mg. Friday morning was incredible I was as high as a kite, overflowing with a manic energy and then passing out at my desk in exhaustion. Anyway I got my hubby to pick me up from work when I started slurring my speech! Since then I have just slept and when I have been awake god the depression is smothering me. Regardless of my diet I am back comfort eating on masses of chocolate - and then i get even more depressed so I am back to trying to cut myself. And spend a lot of time fighting back the tears. The panic is a problem too I was damn near sobbing in the chippy the other day. The long wait to be served, the noise and the heat just started everything building inside. When the questions started - do you want salad/do you want cheese/do you want sauce I felt like I was being so threatened and interrogated I was shaking with panic and trying not to cry until I was outside!

Add to this the fact that I am constantly feeling hung over and oftern experiencing 'out of body' disjointedness - how long does it take to get used to the increased dosage? I have been through all this before when I started cit and it lasted for about a month. I am supposed to be at work today but after the appalling display at the chippy there is no way I could do my job at the moment - I would be in floods of tears after dealing with the first difficult customer! I cannot be at work and I am feeling to scared about being at home on my own - this is so infuriating! Do doctors ever sign you off for just the side effects of drugs? I think I will go back in a few days if there is no improvement as I can only self cert for a week. I just want this to be over!

little scientist
24-09-12, 12:56
It could be worth speaking to your GP going to 30 before jumping to 40, it's a bit more gradual for your body to deal with in terms of the side effects :)

radoel
24-09-12, 16:16
I agree that the jump was too high = 30 seems more realistic. My doctor has signed me off from the reaction to cit and I would see them sooner rather than later.
Have you thought about cutting the tablet in half?