PDA

View Full Version : Swelling? How long to withdraw?

WolfieKate
24-09-12, 16:25
Hi all,

I took this for a week, a week ago and I am so regretting it. I still feel awful and I have terrible pain down the nerves on my left arm plus my left chest is swollen. :blush: My arm feels like its not part of me!

I see my GP in 2 weeks but I am praying that the side effects get reversed. I still have strange sensations in my hands and a wooly head.

Has anyone stopped taking this and recovered back to normal? I know when I tried Mirtazapine the side effects took weeks to subside after I stopped taking it but this is really uncomfortable.

When you google Pregabalin withdrawal the reported effects are pretty grim and I should have checked first... guess it's always the hope that the side effects will not be as bad as the benefit but I have to say this drug really disagreed with me.

Anyone who has stopped taking it have any experiences?

Thanks

Kate :flowers:

xtremx
24-09-12, 18:35
Hi Kate.

Hopefully you will soon be felling better after stopping them! I to have been reading the horror stories online about withdrawal symptoms and I hope on my quest to come off them I don't run into any.

But so far I don't hold out much hope I dropped a 150mg dose last night and have taken 150 this morning and 150 at 3 but now I am feeling rotten!! I think the idea of my doc for me to be off them in 4 weeks is abit strong.

Keep trying and recovery quick

headinthecloud
02-10-12, 15:49
How are you getting on Kate? Any improvements? I'm in a similar situation, having tapered off over the course of a month. It's now eight days since stopping completely and I'm still getting the drunk / dizziness effect, albeit every other day rather than every day. That's improvements of sorts! I don't know how long it takes for my body to adjust and how long I'm expected to feel shitty. I hope you're feeling well already.

WolfieKate
05-11-12, 15:54
Well I could cry if my prozac didn't numb some of my emotions... 7 weeks after taken Pregabalin and I have pain and swelling in one breast ( i am now lopsided and being petite I look bloody odd in tshirts) and nerve pain and numbness down one arm. I had none of these symptoms before I took pregabalin. I am seeing my GP with my husband on Thursday to quiz her on why she didn't provide more caution before I took it and if she can now provide some breast health scans or investigation to help the pain which is 247 and affecting my sleep. I can't lie on it or wear tight clothes as it hurts all the time.

To think that I took this drug to help with anxiety and now I am in a worse place than before I took it. For two of the days I was taking it I lay in bed considering leaping out of the window.

I would strongly suggest anyone considering this drug googles withdrawal, side effects and lawsuits. I only took it for a week and as far as I can tell it has ruined my life for the past 2 months and maybe permanently which means no recovery from my mental health problems. I have to say I am amazed this drug is licensed when you read the horror stories. What's really sad is I am just a statistic and my GP laughed off my breast pain when I saw her last. She just nodded and said oh yes it has lots of side effects... Taking my husband with me for support this time. It's not acceptable to be left with debilitating pain. :scared15:

I will never take another medication that I have not tried before and accepted ok ever again in my life. :flowers:

fozzy is crying
05-11-12, 16:10
Kate,

What dosage are you on?

Gordon