PDA

View Full Version : neck pain

swgrl09
24-09-12, 17:27
I have chronic neck and shoulder tension that causes a lot of pain, headaches, etc. I have tried it all, it feels like. Chiro, acupuncture, massage, ice, heat, ibuprofin, all different pillows, etc etc etc. It seems to be chronically getting worse.

All my blood tests were good (ton of em, including autoimmune earlier this year)

Any more suggestions? A massage therapist suggested a TENS machine ... anybody heard of/used this? I guess it uses electric stimulation or something.

Annie0904
24-09-12, 17:35
I have the same and I think the only way to get rid of it is to learn how to relax which I cannot do :( I have heard of the TENS machine but never used it myself. A friend used it for knee pain and it helped for that but if it is pain due to not being able to relax, I am not sure if it would work. :hugs:

nomorepanic
24-09-12, 17:41
Have you seen an osteopath?

swgrl09
24-09-12, 18:01
I haven't been to an osteopath, is there a difference between that and the chiropracter? My chiro usually does gentle manipulation (no cracking, usually don't even feel anything), massage, ultrasound, and occasionally electrostimulation

nomorepanic
24-09-12, 18:56
Not sure but I went to see one today and he said I have a lot of tension in my neck and upper back and so I am starting treatment this week for it.

Try this link:

http://osteopathy.com.sg/chiropractors.php