PDA

View Full Version : scared of bc

mrs way to worried
24-09-12, 19:08
hi i post on here quite alot about my other symptoms but one in particular has got to me for years and i always try to ignore it i have on and off pain in my right breast it kind of near the armpit its tender when i press on it some times it aches i also have shoulder pain this side and my armpit feels swollen this is not an every day thing as sometimes i block it out , i have full bloods done every 6 months and they r always clear except low iron im currently 8 months pregnant when i had my 2nd daughter i had mastitis in this breast i had the same aches before i had her they never went away ive braught it up with my doctor and asked her to check for lumps she said no because im pregnant im really worried about this and scared that it will be two late by the time they check , my mum suffers from sore lumpy breasts and says it runs in the family she has had lots of mamograms i think its calle fibrocystic breasts im only 27 i want to stop feeling this way

DBW626
24-09-12, 22:02
Hi,

I had pain in my left breast last year and it was awful. I was convinced it was something terrible but eventually had a mammogram and it was clear.

I've always had really lumpy breasts and they can get very sore (not always around my period, can be any time). It can feel sometimes like you've been kicked it's that painful. My mother suffered with tender breasts too so I think your Mum's right, it does run in families. I was told that evening primrose oil can help but you need to take it for about 2-3 months before the affects kick in apparently. You'd need to check with your GP if it's ok to take during pregnancy though.

Also, they said the reason for my breast pain last year was leaning on one side when I was on the computer! It also affected my shoulder on that side. I didn't think I leaned so much but apparently I must do. My left breast used to feel sore to the touch and ached terribly, under my armpit also. I was forever checking to see if I had lumps under my arm!

I feel sure it's nothing serious and I hope you can find something to ease the pain. And btw congratulations on the upcoming new arrival :) x

mrs way to worried
24-09-12, 22:13
thankyou for your reply it has helped alot xx

Smellsofroses
24-09-12, 23:51
Hello, there's another thread on breast pain which I've just posted on that has helped me feel reassured too. It's very common and I've been twice in the last 6 months because of it. Whilst you should always check things out to be sure I'd try not to worry - read my post about Ibc and it might help. My consultant had suggested flax seed oil and vitamin D to help plus exercise. He's very knowledgeable so I do trust him (despite the fact I went back 4 times!!!)

I hope you feel better soon - being pregnant brings a whole load if extra worries anyway so try not to worry more than you have to. Try and enjoy it x