PDA

View Full Version : Could this be an ear problem?

loopylu86
24-09-12, 20:49
This is really hard to describe but I will give it a go. I am currently in bed and all day have been particularly dizzy. But I have also noticed a sort of pressure in my head. I have had glassy and watery eyes all day and a mild headache. I have just rolled onto my left side and once I put my head on the pillow and blocking my left ear...there is a loud ringing and I can feel the and hear the pressure in my head. I tested to see if the right ear was the same and nothing with that side at all. Could I have an ear infection? My hearing isn't blocked and I have no pain in or around my ear area at all. What could this be?

Annie0904
24-09-12, 20:57
I have the same...but mine is in my right ear and more of a heart beat sound, I also have a headache on the same time. I went to the doctors about it on Friday night and he said my ear looks clear but he gave me antibiotics in case it is an infection. It is really bad tonight but I didn't notice it earlier...it seems to get worse the more anxious and tired I get so I am thinking is it just the anxiety?

loopylu86
24-09-12, 21:00
Well I read that ear infections can cause anxiety so no reason why anxiety can't cause the sensations. I just feel a different kind of dizziness tonight. Usually "dizzy" is my way of describing DP. I o
did feel the boat sensation today so put it down to that...but I do feel an actual dizziness tonight. Can sinus be connected? Mine are always blocked!!

Laura123
24-09-12, 21:03
This is exactly what I am waiting to see ent about, mine started4 months ago and I have been dizzy every day since, I notice I get worse when out the house do think anxiety makes it much worse, the think with the inner ear is that it also controls anxiety signals to the brain so if you get dizzy you automatically panic which is really fabulous news for all us perfectly balanced calm folk on here lol xx

loopylu86
24-09-12, 21:17
Lol. That's the thing with anxiety. It is so hard to differentiate what is what. I feel an actual dizziness not like my normal dizziness tonight. I actually feel like I am all tense and blocked up. I keep swallowing alot. Part of me hopes it IS an ear infection and once it's fixed. Then dizziness/anixety about dizziness will subside! Here's to hoping!! The next step then will be the DP lol.

---------- Post added at 21:17 ---------- Previous post was at 21:13 ----------

I am also worse when out! I think this is due to being anxious about feeling dizzy and detached...then getting more detached due to worrying...then more worry and anxiety........

Annie0904
24-09-12, 21:28
My sinus are blocked also...but this noise in my ear is driving me crazy!

---------- Post added at 21:28 ---------- Previous post was at 21:28 ----------

(not that I wasn't crazy already..lol)

loopylu86
24-09-12, 21:31
I have had the heartbeat before in the ear when falling asleep. It's very annoying and I find it louder when you concentrate on it. Hard to ignore!!

Annie0904
24-09-12, 21:34
I have a clock with raindrop sounds on it so I switch the sounds on when I am going to sleep then I don't hear the heartbeat in my ear...it feels like it is going right up the side of my head tonight. The doctor looked at my ear drum and said it looks fine, if it doesn't stop after the antibiotics I will go back to the doctor.

loopylu86
24-09-12, 21:59
Have you had it for long or does it return when you are going through high anxiety phases? X

Annie0904
24-09-12, 22:03
I had a bad cold in May and my ears were blocked then and I could hardly hear at all so I had them syringed. I can hear perfectly now but it is just the noise in my right ear and pain behind my right eye and I can't tell if my ear gets worse when I am anxious or is it me getting more anxious because of my ear :(

mollymalloy
25-09-12, 07:13
Hi there,
My first panic attack was 2 and 1/2 years ago and I did experience dizziness and that the same feeling in my ear as you have described in your thread. It lasted for months and then slowly eased and mostly gone at this stage. I also had really loud ringing along with it too and even though that has eased it is by no means gone. I do believe that what you are experiencing is caused by anxiety. (But we all want to get checked out by our GP just to make sure.)
Sure hope you'll start feeling better soon!

davyboy123
20-11-12, 13:30
Dont assume it s anxiety if you are not feeling overly anxious. Check your sinus/ear infections via a CT scan maybe if you re getting dizziness and head pressure. Also, make sure there is no "black mold" around the house . eg. inside the toilet basin near the pump. And also leaking toilets as well. Hope this may help xxx