PDA

View Full Version : back to work

grace37
24-09-12, 21:03
just wanted to post that i had my first afternoon back at work after two weeks off with panic attacks. my work have been very good asked if i can kept spare meds at work if i have an attack they've even asked if there are things at work that are getting me down hope other people have the positve help i've had xxx

Sparkle1984
24-09-12, 21:14
That sounds very good, well done on your first afternoon back at work. :)

It makes all the difference when your employer is understanding. I had to take 7 days off work as well and fortunately my manager was very understanding and when I went back he asked if there was anything he could do to make things easier on me. Most of my anxiety was non-work related, but I did suggest that having more training would help me to feel more at ease while I was at work. I have been given more training and support at work and I feel more confident now than I did before.

starlight78
24-09-12, 21:38
Great news! Well done Grace :) x

grace37
26-09-12, 21:37
everyone i work with has written a positve comment for me to keep at home if i start to panick, as been to healty minds this week and i've got to have cbt as my self esteem so low.

loopylu86
26-09-12, 21:39
This is lovely of them! I am currently in my 4th week off and spoke to my manager today who told me to concentrate on getting better. I am considering having a meeting about introducing myself back with reduced hours. My DP is so severe and the thought of having to be somewhere and not being able to leave fills me with panic even at the thought. I need to work though!!

grace37
26-09-12, 21:48
you'll get there hun i thought it was never going to end last week even got to whats the point but could not leave my family and friends x

loopylu86
26-09-12, 21:54
Hoe do you know when you're ready to return to work? X