PDA

View Full Version : Constantly dry mouth- driving me mad!

Supersal1984
24-09-12, 21:46
Does anyone else get a constantly dry mouth that bothers them for days? I am drinking lots of water, but it is making no difference and is really making me feel down.

Any help would be great

pj67
24-09-12, 22:27
Hi. I have had this on and off for about 6 wks now and it's really annoying. It started with tiny blisters on my lips and now my lips, tongue and mouth feel very dry and tight. The tip of my tongue also feels a bit like it is scalded! Due to the initial blisters I don't think it's anxiety but the GP isn't coming up with anything except suggesting I see my dentist.

Anxious_gal
24-09-12, 23:11
Not my mouth but parts of my throat can feel really dry, almost to the point I feel like gagging.
Sometimes the back of my mouth gets super dry too.

How does your tongue look? I'm thinking things like smoking, irritated tongue and oral thrush can cause dry mouth.

I find water useless for a dry throat, for some reason something fizzy seems to help a lot more.

Have you tried sucking on some sour sweets, or chewing gum?
Or throat sweets, you can get ones with honey inside and ones that kill bacteria :)

---------- Post added at 23:11 ---------- Previous post was at 23:09 ----------

Hi. I have had this on and off for about 6 wks now and it's really annoying. It started with tiny blisters on my lips and now my lips, tongue and mouth feel very dry and tight. The tip of my tongue also feels a bit like it is scalded! Due to the initial blisters I don't think it's anxiety but the GP isn't coming up with anything except suggesting I see my dentist.

Being low on some vitamins can cause mouth sores, it's also a sign you might be a bit run down. Low iron and or b12 are usually the culprit:)