PDA

View Full Version : feels like food is stuck

susan1963
24-09-12, 21:50
hi, can anyone relate, sometimes after ive eaten esp bread it feels like its stuck in my throat not in the middle, but either side (by the hollow) i dont gag or anything, but it feels like its there for ages, is this similar to integestion ?? or globus feeling :shrug:also can globus cause a trapped wind feeling/like needing to belch but cant and leaves me with a uncomftable feeling in tummy and throat that comes and goes, also i find my tummy is noisy aswell

Stormsky
24-09-12, 23:27
I had same, went to doc, she examined me, said it was indigestion, but it went on for wks, I took gaviscone.. It eventually went away on its own.. But did seem to happen every day at the time.

susan1963
25-09-12, 22:19
thanks for your reply, it makes me feel better knowing im not alone :)

Stormsky
25-09-12, 22:22
Have you tried gaviscone ?

susan1963
25-09-12, 22:28
the doc put me on rantitine (zantac) 150 a few months ago im currently taking one a day now instead of two,for acid reflux, as the doc seems to think its anxiety causing my throat tightenings and digestive probs but me being me thinking its more sinister

Stormsky
25-09-12, 22:41
I thought I had heart probs, pains seemed like it was that... But my doc explained what the pain for heart probs would be like, and it wouldn't go on for wks...she said I'd have been in hosp by now or worse if it was heart....

susan1963
25-09-12, 22:47
ive suffered with anxiety for years on and off and as far as i can remember ive never had throat tightenings / lumps before unless ive forgotten about them lol, ive been like this since april this year, cant seem to get it out of my mind does it go eventually?

Stormsky
25-09-12, 22:50
Same here, Anx for 12yrs and never had indigestion probs....the more you concentrate on it though, the more you feel every bit of food go down, in turn making it feel weird....I had it bad for couple months, but better now , still have odd day where feels stuck...I prob eat too fast!

susan1963
25-09-12, 22:58
Thanks again.

CeeCeeCee
09-10-12, 20:18
I also have this at the moment. Feels like it gets stuck between ribs in middle of my chest. Burping after eating too. I have IBS so other pains in tummy too. Been on Lanzoprazol for years now but having to take double most days. Also on Citalopram, could these have this type of side affect? It's not usually as bad in the mornings but I am worrying that it is a lump stopping food going down. Any advice anyone?