PDA

View Full Version : low wbc??? ahh

swgrl09
25-09-12, 13:35
I had my physical last week and my doctor didn't mention any concerns about my blood work. I just got my copy of the results and everything looks pretty normal except my WBC was 3.6, which is low. It says normal starts at 4. Should I be worried? Can't stop thinking about it even though my doctor didn't say anything.

---------- Post added at 08:35 ---------- Previous post was at 08:32 ----------

everything else was normal except low HDL ... but low LDL and Triglycerides too, so who knows. Doc didn't say anything bad so I have to stop worrying. Argh!

swgrl09
25-09-12, 19:20
bump ... worrying about the HDL now eek.

uk23
26-09-12, 05:20
Not really sure as we don't get a copy of our results from the doctor unless we ask and even then they don't like doing it. If he/she didn't mention anything then I wouldn't worry about it.

Savannah
27-09-12, 01:04
It can just mean you're running a little low on white cells due to fighting a virus or some kind of infection.

Last year 3/4 blood tests showed low neutrophil count which them lowered my white cells to 3.9-3.6. I had a good result at thd end if the year, followed by a low one again this year.

My gp says not to worry. Your WBC has to be pretty low before they'll run further tests and be concerned.