PDA

View Full Version : Sick and tired of feeling so down :(

stressedmamof3
25-09-12, 13:39
been on cit 10mg for 18 days now.... 1st week or so i felt great. now im down again and getting the feelings in my head whichmade the doc put me on cit in1st palce.
they are not headachesmorelike adull twinge in left head, this was happening prior to me starting cit and has been going on since july :weep: someone please help me....

cmc46
25-09-12, 15:34
I have been on cit for 9 weeks now, first 2 weeks on 10mg and the rest on 20 mg, I didn't feel right for the first 7 weeks, I had the odd good day but a lot of the time all the old feelings were still there and I was beginning to think that I didn't have anxiety as the cit wasn't doing it any good so it must be something else wrong with me but the last 2 weeks have been a lot better, if it hadn't been for people on this site telling me to stick it out as it does get better in the end I would have given up weeks ago, I know it isn't nice but I am sure it will work for you in the end it just takes time. Good luck.:)

little scientist
25-09-12, 17:19
Try and stick it out, I am only 3 and a bit weeks in and slowly I am starting to see improvements. It takes time x

Laura1989
25-09-12, 22:16
im 6 weeks into citalopram and i can honestly say it does get better, it really doesnt feel like it at the moment im sure but give it a bit longer and it'll all satrt to ease off.
its a gradual improvement, I had to force myself not to constantly 'self-check' and noticed the changes a lot more once i'd got out of that habit.

stressedmamof3
26-09-12, 11:43
thanks for replies...managed tog et some sleep but not much, woke with a weird feeling in left knee-like a pulsing :shrug: dont know if related or not ....
sooooo sick, just took my tablet earlier and feel weird again

radoel
26-09-12, 12:07
have you tried taking the tablet at night so that the worst of the effects happen while you sleep?

stressedmamof3
26-09-12, 13:56
iv took it twice at night and couldnt sleep at all :shrug: i just dont know what to do or who to turn to. im getting weird minor pulsations in my face now:wacko:

fozzy is crying
26-09-12, 14:07
iv took it twice at night and couldnt sleep at all :shrug: i just dont know what to do or who to turn to. im getting weird minor pulsations in my face now:wacko:

Hi,

I think you need to make an urgent appointment with your Doctor to discuss your medication and how it is affecting you. Different people do not react the same way to the same drugs. One persons experience is not necessarily going to help yours. We not all the same.

In my own case it has taken quite a while to get my drug dosages and combination right. However my dosage and combinations would not suit everyone.

Gordon