PDA

View Full Version : Have I given myself a fear

musiclover
25-09-12, 17:34
After moving out of home in 2004 I had a relapse of my anxiety which made me feel like I hated living on my own and I was really upset for a couple of months. I stayed in my flat and kept going. Now when I have an anxiety relapse I find it so hard living in my flat and get scared about how I feel about the flat. Is this because of the feelings I had in 2004 and would CBT help me to stop these feelings?

Annie0904
25-09-12, 18:25
If you have not had CBT before it may be worth a try, it is very helpful and I think in your case it would be good for you :hugs:

nicola1980
25-09-12, 18:40
Hi, i suffered a relapse last august and im only just starting to get better and now i hate my house, i think its because its where ive suffered the most like had my panic attacks etc, i hate being at home and even tho im married with a child in the midst of my relapse i actually moved back in with my parents for a bit as i couldn't stand being in my house especially alone, theres no way we can afford to move so im slowly making myself stay longer in my house on my own and i feel im slowly getting there............although i still want to move lol!! xx

musiclover
25-09-12, 20:50
I have been having a relapse since early August this year and as you'll see from my posts this is the worst I've had due to a counselling session which brought some old feelings up. My mum and my boyfriend went away at the same time two weeks ago and I really struggled being on my own as I have no appetite and developed a problem with going out as I was worried I was going to pass out from not eating! My mum came back last week and took me back to hers where I have been staying for the last week but my appointments are local so I have come back. I just keep telling myself that I have nothing to be scared of and that I can go out when I want to. I just wish I could relax. I am getting help this time and will not give up until I get control of this anxiety, I am not going to live my life in fear, I have so much I want to do!

Annie0904
25-09-12, 20:53
So pleased that you are looking at it so positively...saying you will not give up means you WILL overcome it :)

jackie13
26-09-12, 07:45
Hi there

I have felt exactly the same recently and in the past. My home is where I suffered and now when I get anxiety I associate it with my home. Even though I am much better than 2 weeks ago, when I come in from work I still get a pang of anxiety then it goes. They are association feelings, I downloaded the CBT4panic and have read quite alot of it and it really does help.

Jackie xx

MoniqueLeah
26-09-12, 09:56
Positive thinking IS the key!!! and dont worry, if you ever feel alone (which i understand, i live 10 hours away from my family!) a simple phonecall and diaphragmatic breathing (deep breathing) usually help me. Its hard to see it with the anxiety hat on, but family want to be there to help no matter what. Maybe this could comfort you? all the best x!