PDA

View Full Version : Stopped taking citalopram

Smiffy3594
25-09-12, 19:16
On my holiday I had so many panic attacks and was very anxious - when I came home decided to come of citalopram I was on 20mg a day - I thought citalopram was supposed to help with the panic attacks (am i wrong?) but they definitely didn't while I was on holiday had been on them for three months - back to docs next week to see if they can prescribe something else - know pills are not always the answer but I've had this for 20 years on & off (more on than off !!) & feel I need the extra help

I tried the cbt practice of think of the positive (that didn't work) now been referred for next stage up cbt - start intensive cbt in a couple

I'm due to go to a Nickelback concert next week - am hoping I'll be okay for this have been to their other concerts - last one couple years back - am thinking & hoping that I won't have time to think any negative thoughts as I'll be dancing away & singing to their music plus am going with very good friend who knows what I'm like & we talk ten to the dozen so again hoping mind won't have time for negative thoughts to set me of in panic

Wish me luck :shades:

Sparkle1984
25-09-12, 22:22
How long ago did you start coming off the tablets? I hope the doctor will be able to find something that works better for you and that the intensive CBT goes well. Enjoy the Nickelback concert! :)

Smiffy3594
26-09-12, 23:09
Came of the tablets about a month ago

blueorchid
28-09-12, 13:01
Hey, I've been on citalopram (though only 10mg) for about a month and havn't really been noticing much difference :sad:

The sick feeling in my stomach went away for a while but it seems to be coming back, the only thing it seems to do is give me a sore head and make me tired.

Good luck though hope you enjoy the concert :)