PDA

View Full Version : Ibuprofen side effects

peter34uk
25-09-12, 20:34
Hi all,

Got a back prob and been taking Ibuprofen. Tonight i opened a different packet from another manufacturer. Felt a bit weird and slight headache + wierd feeling around head/face afterwards.

Now it could be because im worried about taking them anyways. It might be me panicking

I take 2 * 400mg per day.

Any thoughts? Nothing to worry about??

fozzy is crying
25-09-12, 20:40
Hi all,

Got a back prob and been taking Ibuprofen. Tonight i opened a different packet from another manufacturer. Felt a bit weird and slight headache + wierd feeling around head/face afterwards.

Now it could be because im worried about taking them anyways. It might be me panicking

I take 2 * 400mg per day.

Any thoughts? Nothing to worry about??

I take 3 * 400mg a day and sometimes 4. I have been on this level for 7 years. Often the packets are from different companies but the actual drug content is controlled in the UK so it does not vary.

I have regular blood checks because of the dosage to check if it is causing any problems such as renal for example. I suggest you see your GP asap. The headaches could be blood pressure.

Gordon

willous1
25-09-12, 21:08
Are you on citilopram at all as they don't go well together. But even then, would not cause them symptoms. Sounds unrelated.

fozzy is crying
25-09-12, 21:16
Are you on citilopram at all as they don't go well together. But even then, would not cause them symptoms. Sounds unrelated.

Yes I am on Citalopram as well. Also Propanolol, Pregabalin, Ramipril, Amlodipine, Asprin, Simvasatin. Sometimes Diclofenac, Paracetamol, and Omeprazole instead of the Ibuprofren.

Gordon

peter34uk
25-09-12, 22:01
well i feel okay and i took it about 7pm.

Im just wondering if it was panic and anxiety.

How long before it leaves your system?

fozzy is crying
25-09-12, 22:07
well i feel okay and i took it about 7pm.

Im just wondering if it was panic and anxiety.

How long before it leaves your system?

It takes a while it has a half life of 2 hours So for single dose to leave the system is about 24 hours but after 12 it is almost gone.

Gordon

Em84
26-09-12, 07:12
Ugh! I get this when i take new medication, even down to vitamins now

I blame this on the awful experience's I had with both Sertraline and Citalopram....I never used to be worried but I had every side effect in the book with those.

Now even if I take a paracetamol I feel dodgy within a small amount of time....

X