PDA

View Full Version : Another bad week. Please help!!

clank
25-09-12, 23:22
So today during math class I was just staring off into space like usual and I noticed this weird clear circle like shape at the bottom of my eye sight, and it just disappeared a few seconds later. It was so scary! I have also been seeing random things floating around in my vision, almost like those little fuzzes you see floating around, but they are not there, It is weird and not sure what it is. Also I been seeing random sparks/flashes of light, don't know what that is either! It put me in such a panic thinking not that there was something wrong with my eyes, but my brain itself. I had my mom get me and eye appointment, and if they tell me everything is fine, then I am going to get an MRI, which i'm kind of scared to get to be honest! Can someone please help me and give me some information on these random things I have been seeing? And it would help if some of you let me know that I am not the only one with this problem :weep:
All help is appreciated! Thanks!!

Elle-Kay
25-09-12, 23:37
Little things (circles, lines, dots etc.) in your line of vision which disappear when you try to look at them can be called Floaters, and they're neither uncommon nor anything to worry about. They're tiny deformities of the surface of the eye which cast a shadow on the retina in the 'right' lights, so you see them. I have a tiny little wiggly scratch on one eye which I see from time to time - it's always been there, and doesn't concern me.

clank
25-09-12, 23:40
Little things (circles, lines, dots etc.) in your line of vision which disappear when you try to look at them can be called Floaters, and they're neither uncommon nor anything to worry about. They're tiny deformities of the surface of the eye which cast a shadow on the retina in the 'right' lights, so you see them. I have a tiny little wiggly scratch on one eye which I see from time to time - it's always been there, and doesn't concern me.
I don't know why I get them but they tend to scare me a lot and put me in a state of panic for some reason.

Anxious_gal
26-09-12, 00:16
Floaters are basically loose jell from your eyes.
I get them, they can take forever to go.
There's also visual snow too.
None of which to worry about and you said it went away do that's good :)

clank
26-09-12, 01:40
Floaters are basically loose jell from your eyes.
I get them, they can take forever to go.
There's also visual snow too.
None of which to worry about and you said it went away do that's good :)

Ill take your word for them being harmless :)

nomorepanic
26-09-12, 02:34
Have a read on the eyes section on here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

clank
26-09-12, 13:16
Have a read on the eyes section on here:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Yes I just read it. It says to see an eye doctor to make sure its anxiety related. Which I am going to go see next week! To be honest I never think any of my symptoms are anxiety related, I always think there has to be something wrong with me. So if this eye doctor says everything is fine, then I am going to get an MRI so then I officially had my eyes checked, my brain checked, my heart checked, and my organs checked, I think? Do normal blood tests check your inside organs? I don't know to be honest, but sometimes I think my kidney is failing because I once read that your skin would turn and look yellowish if your kidney is failing and sometimes I talk myself into thinking that it my skin is yellowish.

abby38
26-09-12, 13:25
Hi.. I have those little floaters in my eyes sometimes but they just go. As for bloods, yes if you have a full blood count, they check your liver, kidneys etc. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about :)

clank
26-09-12, 13:50
Hi.. I have those little floaters in my eyes sometimes but they just go. As for bloods, yes if you have a full blood count, they check your liver, kidneys etc. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about :)

I hope your right :)

OliviaD
26-09-12, 15:31
I started having symptoms like these in high school too... They're harmless. Most likely, the tests will reassure you. :)