PDA

View Full Version : Help weird feeling in mouth that will not go away.

Supersal1984
26-09-12, 12:56
I have had this strange feeling in my mouth for days now and it is really getting me down.

I constantly think about how much saliva is in my mouth. I am not sure if it is because I have a dry mouth, but I seem to be constantly thinking about how my mouth feesl and I cannot see tm get my attention away from it.

Does anyone else get this?

Any comments welcome. I think about it constantly and sometimes it stops me from sleeping.

abby38
26-09-12, 13:08
When I was really anxious I used to get a feeling like I couldnt swallow, choking feeling, is that what you mean? x

Supersal1984
26-09-12, 13:25
Not really more like focussing on my mouth all of the time, but for no apparent reason. It is really getting me down.

I have had that lump in my throat feeling before, but the good news is that goes very quickly.

Thanks, sending you a hug xxxxx

Toffeeapple
26-09-12, 13:30
Are you worried about having too much/not enough saliva, is that why you're focussing on it?

abby38
26-09-12, 13:43
I dont have that choking feeling anymore thankfully, just a whole load of other symptoms, oh the joys lol...The trouble with us anxiety sufferers, we are so aware of every part of our bodies that we always choose something specific to focus on and drive ourselves insane with it. I wish I could suggest something to help but I am sure it will soon pass. I could say try and distract yourself so you're not focusing on it but it's not that simple is it.

Sending hugs back xx

Supersal1984
26-09-12, 14:01
Yes I think I am focussing on the saliva amount, but I have no idea why. I feel worse when I drink water or eat, or chew gum!

It is true when we have anxiety, we focus on things and it is so difficult to stop.

I hope it goes soon too.

Thank you so much guys!! :bighug1: