PDA

View Full Version : Living life to the full CBT - anyone tried it?

little scientist
26-09-12, 12:59
So, as the title said, has anyone tried the living life to the full course? Its an online one (but can be done with a therapist too).

Just wondering :)

Going to need lots of support to do this, and kicks up the bottom too, to make sure I stick with it!

I decided to do this while I wait for my referral to the local mental health people....This was after waking this morning feeling crappy and shaky again with my anxiety. I decided I have to get off my backside and do something to help myself!

Supersal1984
26-09-12, 13:28
yes try the anxiety control method, which helps with the shaky feeling.

Best of luck

Sally

CrimsonKiss
26-09-12, 13:35
That is one of the paths I'm contemplating going down.

I had my first NLP session on Monday, I'm off to see Occupational Health next Thursday, I've just signed up for the CBT4Panic this morning, even though I'm not sure it's for me, but anything is worth a bash to get me out of the quagmire. Also started reading CBT for Dummies this morning and finally, I think, I'm waiting on the NHS to get me some CBT counselling.

I'll start a post/blog if anyone thinks it would help them (and me)

little scientist
26-09-12, 15:40
yes try the anxiety control method, which helps with the shaky feeling.

Best of luck

Sally

Ooooo tell me more? I have decided to go with the little book method that they suggest. I love the book they suggest about writing on the mirror!

Supersal1984
26-09-12, 17:08
if you go on the website, look at the webinars under the depression book, you should see anxiety control technique.

I hope it helps.

Best wishes,

little scientist
26-09-12, 17:11
wonderful thanks, I will :)

Richard1960
26-09-12, 17:35
Am doing the exact same course now up to "i cannot be bothered doing anything" the little blue book and its making a significant improvement on my thinking already.

Richard.:)

little scientist
26-09-12, 20:12
Oh Richard that is so good to hear! I ordered my books today. And thanks to the writing in the mirror book, I have post it's stuck round my flat saying "I can do this" to remind me that I can fight this :)

Richard1960
27-09-12, 02:05
Oh Richard that is so good to hear! I ordered my books today. And thanks to the writing in the mirror book, I have post it's stuck round my flat saying "I can do this" to remind me that I can fight this :)

Yes i am finding the course very good so far had to improvise for the bathroom mirror though as i just use a small one for shaving not big enough to write on.:D

Yes the post its work a lot better for me as well as they are easy to fill in and just pop up around the place.

I got my course through mind and its funded by my local NHS little scientist, and i get a call once a week from my contact to see how the course is going,the books are really useful as they give you something to read up on without going through the audio all over again.:yesyes:

I am sure you will get a lot from the course as you have already when the books arrive and the voice on the audio is quite reassuring also in tone and content, good luck with the course.

Richard.

little scientist
28-09-12, 21:51
my books arrived today :D