PDA

View Full Version : Really stressed - need a glass of wine

dez
26-09-12, 16:53
I'm on 6Mg (over the day) of diazapam and 10Mg of Amitriptyline in the evening.
Do you think it would do me any harm having a glass of wine. I won't be out or anything, just lying on my couch. I just really, really need to relax and the meds aren't working. I've only been on the Amitriptyline for 2 weeks, so not expecting them to have any effect for 3-4 weeks anyway.
I've been on the diazapam for about 4 months, so they've kinda stopped working anyway.

I just need some relief from the constant day to day stuggle of life. Really P'd off at the moment that nothing has worked and I keep feeling worse.

fozzy is crying
26-09-12, 17:02
I'm on 6Mg (over the day) of diazapam and 10Mg of Amitriptyline in the evening.
Do you think it would do me any harm having a glass of wine. I won't be out or anything, just lying on my couch. I just really, really need to relax and the meds aren't working. I've only been on the Amitriptyline for 2 weeks, so not expecting them to have any effect for 3-4 weeks anyway.
I've been on the diazapam for about 4 months, so they've kinda stopped working anyway.

I just need some relief from the constant day to day stuggle of life. Really P'd off at the moment that nothing has worked and I keep feeling worse.

Hiya,

I am not one to talk but drink quite a lot of wine, [at least a bottle daily], despite

1. Being on lots of medication

and

2. Alcohol only adds to mental health problems and symptoms.

Having said that I just cannot cope in any way and the wine is just like a dummy.

Gordon

Richard1960
26-09-12, 17:32
Hi.

From bitter personal expierience i would not mix the meds you are taking and alcohol,if you are stressed alcohol will make you feel better at first, then the downside is you will feel a lot worse and need more and more alcohol to feel better.

Booze is the worse thing to take for stress in the long run.

I know i have been there.

All the best.

Richard.

Anxious_gal
26-09-12, 17:36
Seditives plus alcohol slow down your breathing. It makes you much more sedated.