PDA

View Full Version : A few questions, any advice would come in very handy.

hannah26
26-09-12, 17:07
Hello, ok so I started 10mg of Citalopram 8 days ago and I have suffered badly. Extreme anxiety, horrible thoughts, loss of appetite, nausea, trembles/shakiness, tense, headaches, coldness. I am also on 80mg of propranolol.
Does this all sound normal for citalopram? I can deal with everything apart from the weird thoughts, i feel like it will never stop.
Also how long does it take before it starts to kick in and will 10mg be enough to make a difference?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Hannah x x

fozzy is crying
26-09-12, 17:15
Hello, ok so I started 10mg of Citalopram 8 days ago and I have suffered badly. Extreme anxiety, horrible thoughts, loss of appetite, nausea, trembles/shakiness, tense, headaches, coldness.
Does this all sound normal for citalopram?
Also how long does it take before it starts to kick in and will 10mg be enough to make a difference?

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Hannah x x

Hi Hannah,

It can take up to a few weeks to kick in properly. However if you are having problems like you have with it you should go and see your Doctor about them. It might be the drug is unsuitable for you. Not everyone is the same so you need expert advice and not rely on other users experiences with it. I have had problems with other drugs others on here will tell you are miracle drugs but to me they were a nightmare and had to be changed quickly. Also recorded on my medical records so they would never be prescribed to me again. One, Tramadol, nearly killed me after only a single low dose given to me my an out of hours Doctor called out to me.

Gordon

radoel
26-09-12, 19:02
I am experiencing all the same effects as you - this is my 3rd time on cit and I can assure you it is all perfectly normal - stick with it

mikewales
26-09-12, 19:27
Yes, all pretty normal, it takes a different amount of time for the side effects to go depending on the person, but stick with it as they should start to lessen soon, and the positive side of taking it is well worth it.

10mg is enough to work, although again it depends a lot on the individual, but this is always something you can discuss with your GP if it doesn't seem to have an effect

Carina
26-09-12, 22:59
Yes, all very normal. I know it doesn't help to hear this when your own wee head's got you tortured with awful thoughts, but what you're dealing with is normal and it should pass. You're describing exactly what I went through when I started cit a few weeks ago and it's let up. The only thing I still have is a messed up sleep pattern and even that's improving. Good luck, we're all here if you need to talk.

blue October
26-09-12, 23:04
Hold on tight Hannah.

I got to 40mg of citalopram in a very short time, settled at 20mg, it really is a rollercoaster.

Go to sleep strong and wake up strong :hugs: