PDA

View Full Version : Vision Problems

pezza
26-09-12, 17:25
Hi,
I have general health aniexty but experienced a new symptom which is when I read some lines of text in my peripheral vision below the words seem to join up and a line goes through them. This also happens with the line above and a tilted line is formed with the sentstance above. Very strange only happens on some words.

I suspect it could be related to the migraines that I suffer (visual) and I am also very photophobic with light causing long after images etc

Has anyone esle experienced the lines through text below in their peripheral vision?

Many Thanks
P

panickyme
27-09-12, 01:50
I have experienced lines through text before, I too suffer from what they call optical migraines. They freak me out! They say they can last up to a half hour. I have had them were a silver line cuts across the eye totally losing vision, temporary, and also were only a spot is blocked. Sometimes I get the migraine, and sometimes I do not afterwards. All I know is they are scarey. I am very light sensitive also. I will not leave the house without sun glasses. When I get them I run to the eye doctor, he insists the eyes are healthy, and that it is just an optical migraine. Maybe make appt. with an eye doctor. you will probably feel better having it checked. Hope this helps!

pezza
27-09-12, 09:55
Hi thanks for your response. I will schedule a trip to the eye doctors. Just out of interest how long did the lines through text last for?

Ronno
27-09-12, 19:56
Hi. I suffer and fear optic migraines . They start with a blind spot then out of that comes a zig zag patern which spreads from the center of the blind spot to the outer part of my vision and then it's gone , it all takes around 40 minutes and leaves me a little shaken . Even if you close your eyes you still see the light show . Why I fear them , and usually they occur only once a year I don't know Im sure they are brought on by stress , bright light , tiredness and low light reading . You tend to stand on guard waiting , and then anxeity with its adrenaline rush takes over. You eyes become super sensitive ,you see spots,sparks of light , sensitive to bright light ,when reading words seem to jump , bright spots, small after images that appear brighter when you blink , all linked to anxeity . I was told by my optictan that what I'm experiencing is not the eyes they were normal ,it was the narrowing of blood vessels in the brain , and optic migraines were quite common , I was lucky I wasn't getting the headaches as well . To finish up , what ever we anxiety sufferers worry about is 99% nothing but our minds make it 100% everything .