PDA

View Full Version : Side effects-Doc wants me to change-opinions pls?

Badger74
26-09-12, 19:07
Hi All
I've been on 50mg of Sert (& 40mg proprananol up to 3 times/day) for almost 3 wks now & for the first 5 days i had bad nausea, stomach aches and the dopey/zombie feeling. But these past 2 days i've had bad shakes, twitching & very bad numbness/tingling in my hands and legs along with bad 'butterflies' kind of stomach aches. (i'm not experiencing any reduction in anxiety yet btw)

I spoke with my Doctor today on the phone & she wants to see me tomorrow with the idea of changing to another AD...

I really would rather not change, as i don't want to go through those first few days again, because i'm now back at work after being signed off for 2 wks.

So, i wanted to know some opinions really as to whether you think i should stick with it for another few wks maybe & if you've had any success with other meds to deal with these kinds of side effects in the short term?

Thanks in advance

saintdee
27-09-12, 08:23
I have been on sertraline for nearly 2 months and I am experiencing really bad shakes (not visible) in the morning and on and off throughout the day. I don't feel depressed or anything but my anxiety is through the roof.