PDA

View Full Version : Depressing HIV paranoia.

Tastee
26-09-12, 19:11
Hey everyone this is my first time posting on this website. Let me get right into it:
I'm a young, striaght, male with a lot of life to look forward to. But something keeps me back from really striving towards my
goals. It's the thought of already having HIV. I have only had unprotected sex twice, and man I regret it. I convince myself daily that I have Di h a wretched disease, it really pulls down my morale. My whole mood changes. Now I had gotten blood work done a few months ago and sadly it wasn't for HIV but it
Was for white blood cells and stuff like that. Everything was pin point and it
Was where you should want it to be. I know I must actually go get tested but
I'm that worried it'll come up negative. I come from a pretty good area, nothing ghetto. And these women I have had unprotected intercourse with are still in contact with me today. I'm sure they've gotten tested at the gynecologist, right?

Any advice ? It really hinders me :( I feel even of I do get the test, I'll still worry that it was accurate or hasn't come up yet.

Thanks for those who read, and respond. Every comment will hold its value.

Annie0904
26-09-12, 19:15
If you are so worried about it I think you should speak to your doctor. I think it is highly unlikely that you will have it but for your own peace of mind I would speak to your doctor otherwise you are always going to be thinking about it. If you have the test and when it comes back negative, trust the result, it can't be incorrect.

saintdee
26-09-12, 20:50
I used to have this worry for years! And it haunted me for every single day. I could of been with a lot more women than I have done and would of enjoyed that! But due to the HIV fear it held me back, even protected sex sent head racing and the majority of the time I was safe. It wasn't until my seconded child did I realise I had put myself through he'll for years. My first child I told my partner not to do the test, how selfish was that of me!!!!!!

Anyway get your head sorted by getting tested, then when it comes back all clear, swear to yourself that protection is now always the way forward, any girl that says she prefers not to use them, then walk away go home and sleep easy until you meet the girl happy to be safe.

Anxious_gal
26-09-12, 23:26
Go get tested, you need to sign a consent form for the HIV test.
Other STDs are mostly curable with antibiotics so its good to get tested for them too.

pika79
01-10-12, 10:49
Had exactly the same for 10 YEARS !!!!!! Only to find out with my 4th child that i had been tested with each of them and was OF COURSE NEAGTIVE !!!!!!Really did my head in, i had such a sense of relief but was really angry with myself too x