PDA

View Full Version : stomach surge

traciec39
03-08-06, 22:02
does anyone else suffer from a sudden feeling that your stomach rises up and takes you breath away. I feel that i have to cough and try to catch my breath for a while after this happens, also at the same time a get an unbearable hot flush just wash over me.
I am so worried even as i write this it has happen AGAIN about 10 mins ago, now i feel as i could be sick to relieve this horrid feeling. Coward that i am i have just took a 2mg diazapam.
when this happens to me i just want to be alone in my terror and i have lost the urge to go out anywhere in case these things happen to me. I do take proxac, not that i feel thay do very much.
I feel now as though i have a brick sitting between my tummy and under my chest surrounded by lots of wind.

please help if you have these sympyoms

luv tracie

I CAN, I WILL , I AM

lass
04-08-06, 19:42
Yes, I can relate to this. I started getting it on holiday and I don't know where it came from as I was quite relaxed at the time. I also get a lot of tightness along top of abdomen - I thought it was bloating at first but now realise it is just muscle tension. But as you say, it makes you feel the need to cough and I can't quite catch my breath.

And whenever I get an attack of anxiety I get that hot flush all over. Must be an adrenaline thing.

Horrible as it is, I'm sure it's just another symptom of anxiety.

I'm going back to GP next week and I'm going to mention it to her. I'll let you know what she says, if that helps you, but I'm sure she'll just confirm it as anxiety (to add to my list of symptoms - LOL think I will soon have the full set!).

Caroline
xx