PDA

View Full Version : I'm panicking right now!!!!

lindajane1971
27-09-12, 00:30
Hi all
Tonight I go to bed, I'm lying relaxed and warm and comfy, feel ok, then....
My legs from the knees down start to tingle, it's a very strong sensation, almost like there is a small electric current going through each hair. Or it feels like my skin is "throbbing" or. "Pulsating" fast from the knees down. I am petrified!!!!!

Taken my bp in a panic, first it was 152/84 then 138/83 and now 123/71 pulse around the 80's - I see that readings are normal but it's not helping me!!

My body is twitching, inside left upper arm, rapid twitching, also twitching in area behind both knees and now my thigh. And more in torso area.

Also have a weird pressure feeling in my head and body with a feeling that I have moved round in bed a bit when I have been lying still.

Eyes are flickering?? You know when a fluorescent light flickers can have a very fast flicker??? I keep seeing that in my vision!!! Scared I will go blind in sleep!!!

Tried slow breathing, relaxed body from top to toe, have legs s quick massage- nothing has helped :(
Am I going to have a stroke? Or do I have ms? That's all I can think.

Can someone help me plz

fozzy is crying
27-09-12, 00:36
Hi all
Tonight I go to bed, I'm lying relaxed and warm and comfy, feel ok, then....
My legs from the knees down start to tingle, it's a very strong sensation, almost like there is a small electric current going through each hair. Or it feels like my skin is "throbbing" or. "Pulsating" fast from the knees down. I am petrified!!!!!

Taken my bp in a panic, first it was 152/84 then 138/83 and now 123/71 pulse around the 80's - I see that readings are normal but it's not helping me!!

My body is twitching, inside left upper arm, rapid twitching, also twitching in area behind both knees and now my thigh. And more in torso area.

Also have a weird pressure feeling in my head and body with a feeling that I have moved round in bed a bit when I have been lying still.

Eyes are flickering?? You know when a fluorescent light flickers can have a very fast flicker??? I keep seeing that in my vision!!! Scared I will go blind in sleep!!!

Tried slow breathing, relaxed body from top to toe, have legs s quick massage- nothing has helped :(
Am I going to have a stroke? Or do I have ms? That's all I can think.

Can someone help me plz

Having had quite a few T.I.A's which are a type of stroke and been educated by my Doctor as to the signs of them and other types I do not think you are having or had a stroke.

Have you had anything like this before and what has happened in your life today to perhaps give some clues as to what is going on?

Gordon

lindajane1971
27-09-12, 00:40
Hi gordon, ty for reading,
I've had twitching for a while now but never this constant, been there the whole day.
Nothing has happened today, been a quiet, unrushed day until now.
Wa just lying in bed watching a DVD then suddenly "bang" this intense tingling started.

fozzy is crying
27-09-12, 00:43
Hi gordon, ty for reading,
I've had twitching for a while now but never this constant, been there the whole day.
Nothing has happened today, been a quiet, unrushed day until now.
Wa just lying in bed watching a DVD then suddenly "bang" this intense tingling started.

:bighug1:I have no idea what it could be unless you might have been lying awkwardly.

lindajane1971
27-09-12, 00:57
Can't cope anymore ��

abby38
27-09-12, 08:40
They are all anxiety/panic attacks symptoms.. I've lost count of the amount of times I've been lying in bed reading a book, feeling completely calm and it just comes on, the numbness, pins and needles, twitching etc. When it happens I get out of bed, lying there just makes me focus on it more and makes it worse.

You are not going to have a stroke (i've thought I was having one about a hundred times when I first started with all this but now I accept that it will go away with time). Hope you are feeling a little better.