PDA

View Full Version : New user needs advice

kitsune
27-09-12, 01:58
So I've suffered with anxiety problems since I was a kid, but it's been getting much worse lately and it's just pretty much destroyed a shot I had at a relationship.

I've had bad anxiety problems since I was a kid and lately it's been getting worse. I met a girl which lifted my spirits somewhat but it's already (I'm pretty sure) destroyed the relationship. Basically, we had sex, and I couldn't perform, I've always had performance anxiety and it just didn't go well, so I started overcompensating and tried to talk to her about it and voiced my concern that if sex was very important to her in a relationship, I would need her to be patient with me since I have anxiety issues that cause me to struggle with sex. I told her I was worried as to whether she was in this for sex or because she liked me and wanted to have a relationship. Thinking back I shouldn't have said anything but there was no hiding it anyway.

On top of the fact that she's probably gonna dump me next time we meet up, I have a job that I hate that makes me miserable, I have constant anxiety about everything, I've withdrawn almost completely from social activity, I have no confidence whatsoever, I drink like a fish, I want a relationship but my anxiety makes it impossible, I just feel like I'm stuck in a horrible rut of misery and fear. I want to start a new life and be free from anxiety and depression, but I don't see how.

I can't eat, I constantly want to just curl up in a ball and cry because I just wish it would go away. I'm afraid. I'm afraid it won't ever go away and I'll never have the life I want. I'm 23 and I just feel like I'm getting older and older and I'm never gonna have a stable relationship or a job I can stand or care about. I can't form friendships or relationships. It's ruining my life. I go to work and just feel irritable and anxious since I hate it so much. I just want to be happy but I just want to cry all the time.

Can anyone tell me how I can ever get out of this mess, or indeed IF I can?

Richard1960
27-09-12, 02:13
Hi Kitsune.

Yes i have been through similar the first thing to do is make a GP appointment and get diagnosed and meds to lift your mood until your mood is lifted you will not benefit from CBT if thats what is suggested or talking therapy.

The key to beating this is the right treatment believe me i have suffered with anxiety depression for a while,and plese do not drink alcohol as this will lift you for a short while but but timately make any dperessive illness worse untimately.

You can get on top of it but must seek treatment i am on citalopram,and have some diazapam for when things get bad,and have just started CBT.

It can be beaten the biggest and bravest and hardest step is to seek the treatment you need.:)

Richard.