PDA

View Full Version : Cbt says im getting better but......

Pinkbrenda2012
27-09-12, 09:26
Well ive struggled for over 6 years with panic attacks, health anxiety and all round GAD. Ive had all kinds of medication and currently on citalopram (1week in) my CBT is going well in the fact i turn up as in the past ive made excuses! And yes im pushing the boundries most days by going out alone and travelling to different places BUT still feel the same as i always have at the moment im in my dizzy, tired, shaky and legs killing stage. I go through different stages from crying, feeling sick and so on. Im jus sooo fed up all the time and want to be the person i was 6 years ago but how much longer is this going to take! Jus feel most days i just want to sleep and not move but i know in my head it makes me worse. I hate the physical symptoms jus feels like im dying!

Jack the lad 24
27-09-12, 16:05
It's the citalopram making you feel so tired it takes up to 3 weeks to kick in and the first week is always the hardest as it can increase your depression and feeling anxious just stick with it because you sound like you are doing well its just the tablets as you have only just started taking them.i have just started as well been on and off them for 6 years also so I no how you feel.stick with it :-)

claireuk
27-09-12, 20:49
Hello sorry to hear your having a bad time i know how that feels u dont feel like ur getting better but it just takes time for ur body to repair itself its your nervous system and mind are very tired.If u look up a guy on u tube called David Johnson anxiety hes australian he explains it perfectly hes got a programme aswell dr claire weekes helped him recover.Hope this helps u can recover.

claire x:)

loopylu86
27-09-12, 20:54
I relate to this post in everyway. I was feeling this yesterday. Everyday is a struggle and I also am doing all the boundary pushing/distractions but all the while still feel completely detached. Today I had energy though and lots of it! So something is changing. I am on 10mg Cit day 25 ish and I feeling SO much better. You will probably feel like dung for the next few weeks and all I wanted to do was hide under the covers but you're right as in it really doesn't help at all. To push past to where you need to be..Is going to be hard. I am feeling it too. I have my third CBT session tomo and am really looking forward to bing set some challenges. The bad days are so hard though. You really aren't alone. You are not dying either!!