PDA

View Full Version : Day 2 citalopram 10mg

Laura123
27-09-12, 09:49
Had huge panic attack last night, muscle spasms the lot, feel calmer this morning but in a wee dream, have read loads on here about your experiences with cit so as scared as I am to take it again today I will. I wish I could fast forward 2 weeks, I don't know how I will cope with the kids and life if this is how I will feel for a few weeks, need to find it in me I suppose. Btw, you guys are amazing. Hope you are all having a good day today xx

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

Quick question, I took cit at 5pm last night and the panic hit about 8pm, felt jittery all night, thinking if I took it about 12 noon today I would be calmer by bedtime but worried I need to space the meds to 24 hours, do you think it will be ok to take it 5 hours earlier?

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 ----------

Took it at 5pm last night. Think it would be better to take at lunch time today but worried about taking it 5hours early today, do you think it would be ok?

---------- Post added at 09:49 ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 ----------

Oh, it worked the first time I tried to post now I am repeating myself lol x

jackie13
27-09-12, 11:36
Hi hun

How are you feeling?

I take 20mg of Citalopram and it really works for me:)

I did used to take in the evening but it made me feel anxious, I now take about 9am every morning and it works for me.

Jackie x

memeaustin
27-09-12, 11:40
Stick with it...a couple of weeks and you will probably feel much better.
I wish I was back on Citalopram. I was on around 4 yrs ago for depression and it was a godsend.
Now on Mirtazapine for my anxiety, and its no where near as effective, plus weight gain is a side effect - I'm going back to the docs next week to see if I can go back on to Citalopram.

Laura123
27-09-12, 13:30
Thanks for your replies, I am feeling quite calm just now, just took my second dose, I will go an hour earlier each day and by next week will take it first thing in the morning do hopefull the jaw clenching nonsense will happen when the kids are at school, don't want them seeing me like this. I think I panicked so bad last night because I didn't expect such a string reaction to such a little pill, I think I am more prepared now. Will still prob be posting jittery threads in a panic later on tiday lol x

---------- Post added at 13:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 ----------

So far so good, can't stop going to the loo though! Lol too much info laura! X

Laura123
27-09-12, 18:18
Felt a bit odd about 4pm to his in my bedroom for an hour, had a bit if a panic attack, well, I got the burning body feelings and my heart wanted to palpitate but it didn't, got over it quite quickly, now I feel quite chilled out :) feeling more positive today, when I was brushing my teeth this morning I stood and stared in the mirror for ages, I look different, I miss myself, that sounds like a crazy person don't I lol. X

Sparkle1984
27-09-12, 20:00
I felt bad for the first few days too, in fact I was signed off work for a week to give me time to get over the side effects. Don't worry, it should start to improve over the next few days.

loopylu86
27-09-12, 20:48
I get the burning feeling too. I also take mine at 12 noon everyday becasue I would rather face any side effects. I always worried aout waking in the night if I took them late and waking in panic is the worst for me so I do it in the day.

Glad you feel more chilled tonight. Everyday is a step closer to them working and you feeling more like your old self. I miss myself too!! Won't be long and we will be getting re-aquainted!! Keep positivity up!! xx

Laura123
27-09-12, 23:08
It's like my stomach is on fire, it's really odd!

---------- Post added at 22:01 ---------- Previous post was at 21:06 ----------

OMG had to share this with you, i am allergic to my new shampoo, its not the cit after all, LMAO, god i feel like a right plonker! Ha ha ha at least my skin is not going to blister and fall off during the night (thought it may) lol x

---------- Post added at 23:08 ---------- Previous post was at 22:01 ----------

Keep getting like mini but intense panic attacks, that's 3 today I have had, that's normally what I would have in a week, this is hard going, maybey cit isn't right for me :( x

loopylu86
27-09-12, 23:36
I found I had alot of mini attacks. They are always intense but not as unbareable as usual attacks. I felt the same about Cit at first. But it really does get worse before better. I know it's really hard to believe at this point. You will know when you are in the at least a month in that it is right for you but the symptoms do subside after the first week!! Hang in there Laura!! xx

MoniqueLeah
28-09-12, 01:45
yeah, it really does get worse before it gets better... im still in the worse stage.... like 9 days in on 20mg. I feel the worse in the mornings. legs shaking cant stop moving, nauseated and just falling into a big black hole :weep.... but i just ride it out... cause i know its just my anxiety it is horrible, but just reading posts on this forum makes it easier knowing that there is a reason to all this

Laura123
28-09-12, 07:55
Thanks guys, I am hugging you monique, I feel like that this morning but I am going to try and think positive, I thought every time I have symptoms that I am struggling with I will try to imagine that it's the cit dragging the anxiety out of me, and if I just lay quiet and not panic it will be over, xx

Laura123
28-09-12, 13:49
Feeling very jittery, on edge, warm, detached, this is really rough, am I imagining myself worse, feel like I am on the verge on a panic attack all the time, :( x

---------- Post added at 13:36 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

And my god I am talking to myself so much!

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

It's day 3, oh why can't it be 3 weeks from now :(

24track
28-09-12, 14:40
This sounds like a horror story!!

I really hope that everything settles down fast for you.

I took one cit 10mg a week ago and couldn't carry on it was that bad. Plus I needed to be in my best shape for work this week, so not a good time for me to get through it all.

I may try again.. but am not sure.

Good luck and keep posting!!
x

Laura123
28-09-12, 16:16
I'm sorry 24track, I don't mean to put you off or scare you, everyone is different with medication, I am always bad with even antibiotics, and I think I am over thinking this whole thing and making it worse for myself. I would say though that if you can get done time off work before you start it that would defo be a good thing. X