PDA

View Full Version : Coffee

electrical_stormgirl
27-09-12, 11:19
Wow, I had a coffee this morning for the first time in ages (I usually have de-caff). It must have been quite strong as I'm now feeling really wired and anxious :wacko:. Does anyone have any suggestions to calm myself down, or will I have to wait it out? I'm avoiding caffeine from now on!

Annie0904
27-09-12, 11:22
Drink chamomile tea :)

electrical_stormgirl
27-09-12, 11:26
Good idea Annie, I think there is some in the kitchen. I feel like I've had a massive shot of adrenaline!

Spikie
27-09-12, 11:58
I know how you feel! I have to watch my coffee intake or I feel like I'm on drugs (which I suppose I am!). I tend to just take deep breaths and tell myself to be calm.

electrical_stormgirl
27-09-12, 12:03
I used to drink it all the time without any problems- I guess it's just been too long so my body thinks it's party time :yahoo:

I'm going for a quiet walk in the sunshine now....

Laura123
27-09-12, 12:15
Plenty of water should help flush it out x

TidyboyTHFC
27-09-12, 17:54
i stick to decaff tea and coffee now, sertraline keeps me wired enough haha. if you have some valerian root thats always good, think you can make tea out of it too, but it takes manky haha

Allison Jayne
27-09-12, 18:13
Oh my gosh I could have wrote this post myself! I've not drank coffee for months ( since my attacks started) then the other week I had a latte and within 3o mins I was so hyper and jittery it was unbelievable. I couldn't stop moving or talking. They're was nothing I could do apart from let it run its course, now I drink only camomile tea. Xxx

Sparkle1984
27-09-12, 20:15
I hardly ever drink tea or coffee as it seems to make me jittery. Plus I don't really like the taste of it very much, so I usually only ever have it if I'm offered it at the hairdressers etc. I don't mind herbal tea though.

OliviaD
27-09-12, 20:18
I stopped drinking coffee at all. Even the small cup of espresso is too much now!