PDA

View Full Version : Wierd lump feeling thing on tongue/inner mouth?

Liviguy
27-09-12, 17:18
For around 3-4 months I have been obsessing about having mouth/tongue cancer.

Initially it started out with me feeling like I had something stuck in my throat, not at the front, but at the hollow on the right hand side of my mouth.

I went to the doctor and he had a quick look (not thorough enough for my piece of mind) and sent me off with a mouthwash saying he couldn't see anything.

So after another month of it I went back to the doctor and he had a better look inside my mouth and a feel of my throat etc and again said he could see nothing and sent me on my way.

In August I had a lower endoscopy which I keep telling myself that if there was something dodgy there it would have been seen when the tube went down my throat, but me being me have decided that they wouldnt have been looking at the side of my mouth/tongue so they wouldn't have noticed.

It's as if there is a lump on the side of my tongue that I can sook up and down, but seems too far in to see in a mirror.

The strange thing is, when I flick my tongue up and down the feeling appears on the other side and the right hand side stops.

It is only on one side or the other at one time, and I can kind of switch sides with it (if that makes sense)

I had a really nice PM off someone on here a while back when I first worried about it (I had a bit of pain in my tongue) who said that if it was cancer it would not be sore.

Now this hasn't been sore now for a long time, but the lump feeling is still there and now I am getting scared again.

I really don't want to go back to the doc for a third time for them to say it's nothing.

I have a dentist appointment in the next couple weeks and I am making myself ill with worry as I need to ask him if he can see anything.

Anyone else have this and have any ideas what it may be?

It is on my mind all the time and it is now making me depressed as I am convinced I am going to die.

Liviguy
03-10-12, 12:38
I take it nobody can relate to this?

panic12
03-10-12, 12:42
What has the doctor/dentist said?

Liviguy
03-10-12, 12:45
Doc said he couldn't see anything but I don't know if he looked properly (can't believe I am saying this lol). Got the dentist in a fortnight but I'm scared to ask him.

I'm convinced its cancer.

MRS STRESS ED
03-10-12, 12:52
Hi I CAN RELATE TO THIS ,ALL THO MY LUMP WAS ON MY GUM .I HAD IT ALONG TIME LIKE YOU I CONVINCED MYSELF IT WAS CANCER. IT TOOK ME MONTHS TO GO MY DENTIST HE TOLD ME IT WAS NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT, ALL THEM MONTHS I MADE MYSELF ILL ,SO GO TO YOUR DENTIST IT WILL GIVE YOU THE REASURANCE YOU NEED HOPE THIS HELPS XXXXXXXXXX:hugs:

panic12
03-10-12, 13:03
I've never had this problem myself but if the doctor was happy enough with it I wouldn't worry too much, mention it to your dentist for sure

Liviguy
03-10-12, 13:27
I will tell the dentist, I'm just terrified to. In case I'm finished.