PDA

View Full Version : Anyone had sinus pain n headaches last for ages?

Anxious_gal
27-09-12, 20:07
I never used to get sinus issues, but now I've had pain n pressure in my nose, checks n ears for weeks now.
I also get this popping sensation/noise in my nose followed by a headache type pain.
I did have the flu too.
But for a few days now, my head hurts in the front and back. It's a trobbing pain rather than a typical headache.
Bending down or moving sets it off and I get this very bad pain in my head that gradually eases off.
My nose isn't fully blocked nor is it runny any more but this definitely sounds/feels like a sinus problem.

Just it's lasting so long n I fear silly things like the infection getting worse or spreading.
The headache/throbbing pains been here since last weekend in it sucks as its hard to do simple things like stand up or move my head.

pinkunicorn
27-09-12, 20:13
Hi hun....sounds like sinusitus where the linings of your nose get inflamed and blocked up! Trying inhaling some steam from the kettle and see if that helps to clear it. It is very painful hun and miserable,I suffer myself. If it feels really unbearable doctor may give you anti biotics to help clear it up.... big hugs....xx

JoannaS
27-09-12, 20:39
I've had something like this too. My ears keep feeling blocked, especially after any kind of exercise. My head has been feeling really tingly and tense too. It's been like it for 4 weeks now, I'm going back to docs next week. It's awful!

Annie0904
27-09-12, 20:42
I have the same and have been to the doctors this week for antibiotics for it. Alternating hot and cold compresses over your nose and cheeks can help too.

fred_h
28-09-12, 01:27
I certainly had, and still have, without any obvious cause or reason, even the ENT doc is puzzled ;)
What you describe looks like a sinusitis though, pay a visit to the doc if it gets worse or you have fever.

Anxious_gal
28-09-12, 01:42
Good to know others have it too for a while.
I get worried when things hang around too long n freak myself out thinking that it could blow up into a serious infection!

The back of the head pain/throbbing threw me of a bit as before it was mainly in the sinus area and forehead, although I did have the occasional sharp pain in the top of my head.

I rarely take pills if I can help it, I do have pain meds that I can mix with water and they work really well but I dunno I've a weird phobia of drugs lol.
So it's half my own fault when I'm in pain :p
Also I smoke, which I know it's not good either, although I've cit down a lot!
I'm reading "the easy way to stop smoking".

I've used steam and that olobus? Oil.
I've been thinking of buying a Neti pot too, but I don't know how I'll get on with pouring water into my nose! I fear it would get into my lungs.
But I think I'll at least learn how to use it and try it out :)

---------- Post added at 01:42 ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 ----------

I certainly had, and still have, without any obvious cause or reason, even the ENT doc is puzzled ;)
What you describe looks like a sinusitis though, pay a visit to the doc if it gets worse or you have fever.

Do you smoke?
Might be alergy related too. Maybe antihistimes could help.

Well I had a fever but it was the Flu I think as I had the usual back ache and a cough and stuff.
But it wasn't too bad and I've no fever now.
I see an ENT tomorrow! But feel ill be dismissed as usual.
I had a mass, possiable polyp or cyst show up in my sinus area on my left cheek. It was found on my dental X-ray and its fairly new .

I don't know if polyps or cysts can cause sinus problems.

fred_h
28-09-12, 14:13
A polyp could be the culprit, this time the ENT will not be able to dismiss you ;)

No more smoking and no allergies to explain my sinus aches. I just accept and live with them.

flutterbuy
28-09-12, 18:59
iv had sinuse infection for over 2 months now! xx